Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: "Cachin' On The Caddo" Float Trip

Team Panda Guest
    There is just something about hauling in a Hybrid Bass that averages 5 lbs that gets me.
    Ah hates yew! Seriously, I've never caught a bass that big in my life. Catfish sure, but bass? All I ever get are "pan sized." (Think really small pan!)

Yeah, it looks like most of the Spring caching season is pretty much sewn up but I think a late May run would be very doable. Like I said, I'm up for it any time. August? Sure, why not? We'll just install titanium skidplates on the canoes and go for the gusto.

Check your mail.
    [/quote]

HikerRon Guest
    the dates i have open between now and the end of May are:
    4/5 4/12 4/26 5/3 5/10 5/17

Dentful1 Guest
    Comments for the date MAY 17.

What do you think? Yah, nah, maybe.

At this point that date works for us.

Dentful1 Guest
    May 17th going once, May 17th going twice, May 17th going .............
    4 weeks until May 17th. I know some of our cachers really wanted to do this float. I have told Ron Kurnik about our tentative date, I try to keep him up to date on the progress of our adventure.

With the flood a few weeks ago I am not sure that we may need to put in at Glenwood and float UP to The Narrows. The river has changed some from the 6 and half inches that fell in 12 hours time. A lot of river rock has moved to one side at the 70W bridge.

HikerRon Guest
    Dentful- how are the caches along the river holding up?

Dentful1 Guest
    I checked #7, 9, 10, and 11 today and all is well. # 7 was out from his home but luckily it has a leash. Will check the others Sunday and Monday.

HikerRon Guest
    ok, 5/17 is on my calendar.

majii Guest
    Sounds like fun. I think I may join in.

Dentful1 Guest
    I know this sounds weird but, we need a "SMALL" rain dance. Nothing that will throw your back out, just a hop or 2 will work. Maybe the witch will come through for us this time.

Going to check on my last few caches this week and everything will be a go. I am worried about 1 cache. That cache is the booger to get to without floating the river. I have found a way thanks to Google Earth, ( I love Google Earth), it requires a small 1 mile hike round trip.

I hope I am not going alone on this trip. There was a lot of interest back in the early spring but now the weather is warmer and everyone is a little leary. I know weather can screw things up. I can't control that, blame that on the witch.