Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cachin' On The Caddo" Float Trip

RugerPilot345 Guest
    uh uh uh uh....I like the idea of Mrs. Cachemates going deep into the woods for all the caches......I will even allow her to abbreviate and use RP345 to sign the cache, that way it won't take as long......ha ha......Mr. Cachemates (Jerry) you had better get Bonnie ready....I think she has been volunteered (by Dentful1) as the snake thrower and cache logger....ha ha way funny.....man I hope this weather holds out for this event, this is going to be way fun!!

Joe (RP345)

RugerPilot345 Guest
    for waterproof coverage and still having access to all controls you can not beat this item.......I have one and love it....we kayak and use it often, also good for duck hunting and ATV'ing.......give it a shot!!

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html#592X1120

Joe (RP345)

Dentful1 Guest
    I have been in Contact with Ron Kurnik with Caddo River Camping and Canoe Rental. I have forwarded him the Event Page and the Float Trip Page. Ron is excited about this considering he has a big part in the Chamber Of Commerce. Ron is aware of the times and as we get closer I will ask for a "WILL ATTEND" post by all who plan on coming, then I will give Ron the #s so he can plan for the shuttle. We all need to be praying for outstanding weather and water levels.

Team_Pink Guest
    The way I see it, they make those GPSs beep for a reason. If it beeps, you got close enough, log it! I call it the "Log it Beep"! My 60Cs does a fine job and saves me lots of steps and unnecessary travel!

B62GTAWK Guest
    The way I see it is Dentful1 owns the caches its up to him what is acceptable or not.

So its the beep? I thought it was when the little checkered flag showed up... thats when I thought it was found!

I'll be in Mississippi and won't be able to make the trip, so could you sign my name to the cache logs too? Just email me the list and I'll copy and paste the logs.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Dentful1 Guest
    3 weeks until the fun begins. Look at your calendars and check and make sure your off and free for the weekend. I will ask for a "will attend" on this forum next week to get an idea of the numbers. Also remember there is an EVENT scheduled around the float. Note that the event is just a plain basic meet/greet and exchange T.B. info. No hoopla or bells and whistles this year, next year hopefully the City and the area businesses will pick up the expenses and we'll have a big shindig. Also remember that it is a morning than break off and then rejoin in the evening event.