Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cachin' On The Caddo" Float Trip

HikerRon Guest
    yep, put me down. well, tentively. when we nail down the date, i'll commit.

RugerPilot345 Guest
    Sounds fun, although the water will be cool/cold, , ha ha!!

Anybody talking about which weekend in the month we are looking at so far??

Cool!! (RugerPilot345)

RugerPilot345 Guest
    Oppppsssss posted before I saw there were three pages of comments.....ha ha!!

22 MAR sounds great to me....count me in....I am off shift and will be in town!!

Cool!!

mdlangley Guest
    You can sign me and my wife up. This will be our third time floating the Caddo together and my 7th or 8th time on my own. It will be my first time to ever even consider that someone might hide little boxes of goodies for people to find. Adds a little bit extra adventure to an already adventurous trip. I am originally from Langley, Arkansas so this trip is great being on Easter weekend for me as I will probably have plans to head home anyway. Look forward to enjoying it with you all.

--Michael D. Langley

Dentful1 Guest

This float trip will still go on. HOWEVER, the Event has been DENIED. No Event smileys or stars on your record for this one, but you can log a bunch of caches.

THE FLOAT IS STILL PLANNED FOR MARCH 22!!

Lauri Guest
    That's annoying, but I'm going regardless. Looking forward to it!

Power

Going to start a thread about the reviewer.....

Dentful1 Guest
    Oh Crap. This got out of hand. I understand the reviewers denial on my event. According to the Rules I am disguising a cache float with an event. I posted the event on this website and geocaching.com at the same time. This allowed Chuck Walla to see what is really happening because I put more info on this site. I have conversed with C.W. and we are on the same page with this. I have only been heavily active with this website just recently so I don't know what has happened in the past with C.W. There may be more to this than what I see right before me.

So if we'd said it was a "Breakfast in Glenwood" get together as the official event and then posted on the board that some are going to meet afterwards to do a float trip then it might have been more likely to go through.... ???!!?

Not to worry

Good morning. Not to worry about the event status. You may still be able to get this approved. If CW felt this was just a float trip hunting for caches, it would be denied as an event. If it was presented as a meet/greet, exchange of coins/bugs, float with river clean-up (CITO), it should be approved. If the reviewer's decisions are arbitrary and not based on some "standard," the group should queston and negotiate. The denial of this event and the recent thread about "power caches" have raised my "antennas ."