Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cachin' On The Caddo" Float Trip

biohazardbiker Guest
    I might should have mentioned that I have NEVER been in a canoe either...FYI. So, when ya comin to A-town with me? Im ready to use my new toy Santa brought me!

Justin
    "Biohazardbiker"

Dentful1 Guest
    The float is 7.2 miles long. It has Class I and II rapids with some slow pools. To just float the river takes about 3-4 hours, we're caching and if we get a big group it will take at least 5-6 hours. If the water is down and we drag some it will take longer, but we should have plenty of water and things should go smoothly. I don't go canoeing as much as I used to but I have floated this River for 21 years, (I am 29), 17 or so years me pushing my sister down this thing. This is a good River for the lesser experienced to get a lesson on.

The hyperlink will get you to the Series Cache #1 which has the info on the Series.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 937bb95403

flannelman Guest
    I'll watch for more details cause this sounds like a great trip.

jacksonb Guest
    My oldest son, bisonfan, and I might be interested in participating in this trip. We'll just have to wait and see what dates are chosen. I don't know of any conflicts yet, but with teenage kids, the schedule fills up fast.

Dentful1 Guest
    The date will have to wait a little until we can figure out the weather. We should know about 3-4 weeks prior.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Are old fat guys welcome ?....poppy

Dentful1 Guest
    I do not discriminate to old and fat people or old people or fat people or people just in general. If you cache you are considered my friend, if you have lots of CASH you are my best friend.

Yep

If in town, I'll be there. Rhone has wanted to do this too, so I'll give him a buzz. SJC

Lauri Guest
    I talked to tadlad today and he seems down for this trip as well. Another option to keep in mind is that people can rent kayaks. I have more experience in a kayak and like the individual freedom it gives as well.

Dentful1 Guest
    True kayaks are very fun. I might post a new forum when March gets closer for all the info.