Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cachin' On The Caddo" Float Trip

Dentful1 Guest

"Cachin' On The Caddo" Float Trip

Planning on floating the Caddo River in March with "Biohazardbiker" to go after the "Cachin' On The Caddo" Series. Just curious to see if others would be interested in joining us. We get a bunch going then we can get the Group Rate for canoe rental. Anybody interested?

March + River water X caches = Adventure
    Sounds like fun I am interested I have only been in a Canoe once before(many times if you count overturning it ). Who wants to ride with me? I will pencil it in and be waiting for more details.
    Ar-Hick
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

While out hiking a couple of weeks ago Reid (SJClimber) mentioned doing this series as a group sometime in the spring. I think it is a great idea although I have only been in a canoe a few times myself. And even then I think I spent more time in the water than in the canoe. Count me in, I just need a date a few weeks in advance to request off work. This series sounds like a lot of fun and would be even better as a group.

Lauri Guest
    I've been considering doing a float trip for this series for a while! Sounds fun...definitely interested!

Sounds like fun, would be a good way to grab those caches
    will just have to see our schedule and how the weather is then
    I, like everyone else might spend more time in the water
    do they have SUPER wide canoes??

Dentful1 Guest
    No super wide canoes, but you can get 2 and you can strap them together!

Glad to here a few cachers are interested in going along. March is a good time to go, the river is usually up more in March than in the summer. Cachemates and I had a rare late summer float with very good water levels to put this series out.

If Cachemates can do it, maybe we can
    Hope the water isn't too swift, and maybe we can put on
    about a dozon life jackets and make it

Ronbo Guest
    Just bought me two 16ft Gruman Aluminum canoes. Can you bring your own canoe to this event? I'd love to go on this trip. I'll check back often to see the progress.

Ron Willett
    Flora, MS

Dentful1 Guest
    You don't have to rent a canoe if you have your own, the canoe companies don't have a mandatory rent from us to float policy. The rental company may charge a shuttle fee to tote your canoes to the launch. You may contact them at, Caddo River Camping and Canoe Rental 870-356-5336. Tell them you are planning on attending a March Caching trip and would like some info about bringing your own canoe. If they charge you a fee and you don't want to pay we can make arrangements on toting your canoes to the launch and leaving your truck at the end.

About how long a float is it?? about how much time does it take to do it. I take it, it is all a downstream thing and CALM water??