Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cachin' On The Caddo" Float Trip

I have checked out some canoe rental places in that area, seems pretty cheap for the rental, I am sure you may have a favorite or best place you can steer everyone.. But if Nonnipoppy is going, I want to be in the canoe right behind him
    You know the water will be cold in March...
    Guess it is cold year round.. This might turn out to be quite a group, maybe could count it as an event at the same time??

Dentful1 Guest
    CADDO CAMPING AND CANOE RENTAL 870-356-5336
    I have set up a HINT list at this Rental Company. Being as that we are going as a BIG group I will have the hints at the launch. Yes the water is cold in March but the chances are greater for a good float with the river levels. As for an EVENT, I have no idea what to do there. This is my first big thing to participate in, let alone somewhat organize. I was just going to float the river with a friend so he can get the SERIES and was being nice to see who else would like to join us. WOW, glad to see a lot have interest in it.
    Any questions about this float, don't hesitate to ask.

Dentful1 Guest
    Maybe this will help.

http://www.caddoriver.com/

Yep, that was the same place I found on the net, Thanks will be watching this to see when a date is set, if the weather and work don't pose problems, sounds like would be a fun day, a bunch of cachers on water in canoes, WOW no telling what could happen

I've been thinking about doing this for some time now. I'll plan to be there if at all possible.

Dentful1 Guest
    The word EVENT has been brought up. This could be one, give me your input. Remember, this float will take most of the day.

If you want it to be an Event you will have to have a Meet and Greet. Like the "Flannelman's Breakfast". I am just letting you know that the Arkansas Reviewer(Chuck Walla) will inform you of this when you try to submit it.
    That would be fun, but I was always told not to go swiming for an hour after I ate. I am sure that I will be in the water very quickly. Who wants to ride with me?
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Count me in for sure!!!!!!!!
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Q Guest
    These things are WAY hard to set up. The river in March is a seesaw. Too high is no good. Too low is also possible. I have busy schedules but... would love to try this and can bring 2 canoes and a raft if I can make it. That is boats for 6 or more.... other than us.

Ronbo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentful1
    The date will have to wait a little until we can figure out the weather. We should know about 3-4 weeks prior.
    Any way to firm up this date a little earlier. Trying to get a group together from Mississippi to join you but I will need as much notice on the date as I can get. Thanks. We just did a float on the Pearl and Porter Rivers along the MS and LA state lines on Dec 29th and had a lot of fun.

PLLA/MSNYEEEWP/PS/PRPE&S_MHH (GC17Y9R)