Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi from Ukraine!

mermaid22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid22
    I never hear about "Maggie's Drawers"
    Hello again, mm22. So that you won't be left in the dark with your imagination running wild,
    Thank you for explanation, it is really interesting for me!
    I proud that my movie was estimated by person who had basic training at Chaffee!

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Fort Chaffee up in Flames.Over 150 buildings reduced to rubble. What a sad, sad day. Fort Chaffee is where I learned the basics of fighting and how to live the Army life. Now it is no more. Mermaid's video had revived my interest and I had planned to go there myself this summer to take my own pictures and renew old memories. It's a sad, sad day.

Thanks again, Mermaid22 for the video. Now that's all I have to remember it by. Take good care of your video. It's priceless.

Geezer

mermaid22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    Fort Chaffee up in Flames.Over 150 buildings reduced to rubble. What a sad, sad day. Fort Chaffee is where I learned the basics of fighting and how to live the Army life. Now it is no more. Mermaid's video had revived my interest and I had planned to go there myself this summer to take my own pictures and renew old memories. It's a sad, sad day.

Thanks again, Mermaid22 for the video. Now that's all I have to remember it by. Take good care of your video. It's priceless.

Geezer
    Yes! I am also very regred that it happened. It was very historical place, I can not belive that tomorrow I will not see no any old barraks there....
    it sems to me I was last person who make video and photo in Fort Chaffe before fire...
    I can send to you DVD with that my movie. my e mail is mermaid22ua@yahoo.com you can write me your street address if you want.

mermaid22 Guest

In her photo, most of the old barracks on the right side of the road are now gone.

mermaid22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mbell72901
    In her photo, most of the old barracks on the right side of the road are now gone.
    hi! I made that panorama photo in last day of December 2007.
    I made it from 3 photos. I put there full sized image in cause somebody want to print it for memory.

As close as I could get, some still standing some gone. This is the front row facing hwy 22.

Today I was looking on the Channel 5 KFSM web site to check out some news and at the top of the news page the station has added the video clip made by Mermaid to the top of the page under a caption "Remembering Fort Chafee". Very cool video.

mermaid22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paris1time
    Today I was looking on the Channel 5 KFSM web site to check out some news and at the top of the news page the station has added the video clip made by Mermaid to the top of the page under a caption "Remembering Fort Chafee". Very cool video.
    Thank you for good estimation of my movie! I did not expect that people will be interested in that. I made it just because I was impressed by that empty place and started to imagine how does it looks many years ago and what soldiers had felt there.
    When I was goind to make video there, some people told me that it is just garbage and nothing else.