Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi from Ukraine!

mermaid22 Guest

hi from Ukraine!

Hi!
    I come to that web site from geocaching.com, it is interesting for me because now I am in Arkansas for a few months.
    The Geocaching come to my country from USA, and now I have nice opportunty to search for cahes here!
    I like that Natural State soo much!
    Merry Christmas to everybody! Good luck in geocaching in new 2008 year!

Welcome to Arkansas, Mermaid22, and welcome to Arkansas Geocachers Association.

I went to your website and was very impressed by your talent in Art and Computer usage.

The Video about Fort Chaffee was "awesome" to use a fairly new expression meaning "excellent".

Link to the Webside of Mermaid22.

http://www.alexa-art.com/

I'm glad you like our state and we are very happy to place caches for you to find.

If you have the opportunity to do some geocaching we invite you to visit our little place in the world here in Searcy, Ark. The zip code is 72143. If you click on our zip code in Geocaching.Com, you can see that we have a lot of caches for you to find and would make for a very enjoyable caching weekend.

Searcykid

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Alexa, I just looked at your web site and there is some very nice work there. It's going to take me several days to browse everything.

I watched your Fort Chaffee video and goose bumps came all over me. It was 50 years ago this past July and August that I had my basic training at Chaffee. How well I remember those rows and rows of barracks. Only then they were painted and clean. The latrines were spotless (We had to keep them that way.) Inside there were rows of bunks and foot lockers. I remember the training fields and parade fields. I've forgotten many things over the past 50 years but those are memories that will stick with me for a lifetime.

I remember the rifle ranges. Have you ever heard of Maggie's Drawers? I've raised them a few times. Thanks for bringing these memories to the forefront again. Please enjoy Arkansas while you are here and keep in touch through this board. I'd like to meet you some day.

And Happy Geocaching.

Geezer

P.S. Thanks to Searcy Kid for posting the link.

mermaid22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by searcykid
    Welcome to Arkansas, Mermaid22, and welcome to Arkansas Geocachers Association.

If you have the opportunity to do some geocaching we invite you to visit our little place in the world here in Searcy, Ark. The zip code is 72143. If you click on our zip code in Geocaching.Com, you can see that we have a lot of caches for you to find and would make for a very enjoyable caching weekend.

Searcykid
    Thank you very much! I'll try to go to find someting here in 72143!

mermaid22 Guest
    [quote="Geezer_Veazey"]
    Have you ever heard of Maggie's Drawers?
    quote]
    hello, Geezer_Veazey!
    Thank you for your message! I never hear about "Maggie's Drawers"
    I am so glad that my you liked my movie! It was my first movie mad in Amerika. When I was going to make movie in Fort Chaffe, more people says me that it is durty place and nothing to see there, they says that is garbage now. But I have another opinion, for me it looks like a window to the PAST, and time is frozen there. Is Fort Chaffe has any military museum? I have been only in natural museum there, but they have no any information about military museum. I guess that such interesting place like Fort Chaffee is, must have good museum.
    I am sorry for my bad English!

mermaid22,
    It was great that you made it to the event in Paris yesterday. I wanted to say hi and tell you how much I enjoyed your Fort Chaffe movie and viewing your website, but I didn't realize you were there until we were about to leave so I never got a chance.
    Hope you had a good time and thanks for sharing your website.

BSA534
    Conway

I have some Chaffee photos here if you want to look. I have others loaded somewhere, but can't find them!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561994726UPPAla

mermaid22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mbell72901
    I have some Chaffee photos here if you want to look. I have others loaded somewhere, but can't find them!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561994726UPPAla
    Thank you soo much for sharing your photos of Fort Chaffee!
    I like it!!

I have upload some more photos of Fort Chaffee here
    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562163492avIaJk

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid22
    I never hear about "Maggie's Drawers"
    Hello again, mm22. So that you won't be left in the dark with your imagination running wild, I'll explain Maggie's Drawers. When training on the rifle range we would fire at large bulls-eye targets. The men working the targets would be under the targets in a deep trench to be protected from the bullets. After a round of firing, they would raise a brightly painted disk on the end of a pole and hold it in front of the target where our bullits hit it so we could see and know how to compensate. If we completely missed the target they would raise a pole with a red flag and swing it back and forth in front of the target. The flag was referred to as "Maggie's Drawers".

Thanks again for sharing your Fort Chaffee movie and keep up the good work.