Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can we do?

Dentful1 Guest
    CFD 29. Google Earth does have and option to put county borders on the map. Load state caches to Google Earth and click on LAYERS in the left column and click BORDERS AND LABELS click BORDERS then CLICK 2nd LEVEL ADMINISTRATION (COUNTY). That will put borders around your counties then just go exploring around.

Dentful1 Guest
    CFD 29.
    I couldn't resist. SO FAR I have found 5 Counties with no caches
    Ashley
    Calhoun
    Ouachita
    Lee
    Woodruff

Monroe County has 1 cache that is just .20 mile inside the line.

Lafayette, Bradley, Nevada, Dallas, Cleveland, Prairie only have 1 cache in them.

This info maybe wrong so do some more research. The way Google works is the closer you get to the ground the more caches pop up.
    Good Luck.

Team_Pink Guest
    I think AR-Hick is on a roll here! I think seed caches in parks are a great idea. A state park would be a good place and there are several in that part of the state. Woodwalker posted a spreadsheet with all the state parks in it. I put them in GSAK and also in Streets and Trips. I'll upload them if I can figure out how to do that.

If the PR committee could get a State Park to put on a geocaching activity it would also allow for the activity to get published in the local paper and really get the word out.

Dentful1 Guest
    Cachemates and I had an idea once to go to a Chamber of Commerce meeting. Explaining to them what Geocaching is all about and how it brings people to a city and how it can boost revenues in the city and also clean up a city because we believe in CITO. You can tell them that they can make this an OFFICIAL Geocaching city by advertising which people see and this will get people asking what it is and they will become interested. Chamber of Commerce is just a group of business owners. If you speak about bringing in revenue they will listen.
    We hadn't done it yet but plan on doing so.

Your ideas are right on, if there are a lot of caches in a city,county, it will bring in cachers, when you bring in cachers, they will stop in and buy a meal, or maybe spend the night, go into a store and buy something, on and on, it all spells to spending some money in an area, which any city or town should be in favor of. At least that has been the case with us, we will return to an area that has a lot of caches so we can find them!!

Thanks for the google earth idea, I will have to try that

I figured out why Camden has on caches, it is so hard to find contacts on the internet. I finally got in touch with the parks director today. He is going to contact the Mayor lets see what happens?

Any Cachers within 50 miles willing to help?
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison