Thread: Tool Time Cache Series

Tool Time Cache Series

Ever since we first started geocaching way back in September of 07 I've wanted to go to Glenwood and do the Tool Time cache series by "CacheMates".

We were coming home from my parents in Ashdown after Thanksgiving so we headed up through Nashville and Murfreesboro on our way to the cache series. We went directly to the "Binford Tool Time Cache" first. Found it quickly and knew immediately we had made the right decision to come here.

It was a wet and chilly day and the power was out in Glenwood when we arrived, so since we couldn't get lunch at Sonic, we headed for the Tool Time "Binford Tool Chest" to get the tools we'd need for the series.

We went for the Tool Time " Blast Off " cache first, but the place was kinda busy and since the power was off, all the salesmen were outside milling around. We looked just a bit but decided to move on to the next one.

We went down the street to the Tool Time " The Monkey with a Coconut" cache. We found it quickly and tried to figure out what we were up against. We figured it out pretty quickly and we had our first real cache of the series. We headed to the "Elevator Going Up" cache brimming with confidence and stood there confused when we first found it. Then I looked at our tools and took a guess and got lucky. #2 completed!

Then we found "Water You Thinking" and we were stumped. We stood there dumbfounded. We looked at the tools we had and just couldn't figure anything out. We decided we needed to find some lunch so we headed deeper into town and finally found a gas station that had power and a Subway. We were starving and hoped that a good meal would help us think better.

We took another shot at "Water" again after lunch and didn't get any further. We decided to head to "The Fishing Hole". The kids had a good time knocking that one out. It was pretty obvious what tool we needed here.

We thought we'd head back to "Blast Off" but as we passed "Water" I pulled in to give it one more shot... after all it was getting late and I was beginning to think we weren't going to be able to complete this series on this trip. This time my wife got out of the car and took at look at the puzzle and made a couple of suggestions and BAM.. we had it figured out! I loved this one best of all.

We headed to "Blast Off" as the sun was going down. We knew we had to finish this series up. When we arrived we were greeted by a BIG dog who turned out to be one of the friendliest muts we've ever met. He helped us look for the cache, and even though we knew exactly what we were looking for, we spent probably 20+ minutes looking for it! The GPS wasn't much help and the fact that it was getting dark didn't help either. Finally I heard my son yell the words I love to hear, "I FOUND IT!" We quickly used our remaining tool and we had the series completed!

We headed back to the tool box to return the tools and drop off a nice geocoin in appreciation for this great series. If you are ever looking for a great day of caching, point your GPS towards Glenwood and get ready for an adventure!

Thanks "CacheMates" for putting this one together.

We have heard so much about this series and hope to get down there soon and get them, know it will be fun

HercMaster Guest
    I and the missus and another couple did the series last weekend, and we had a ball. Very clever series, and I thought it was worth the drive from our home near Ozark. Cachemates has also placed quite a few other caches in the general area, and we nabbed some of those also.