Thread: Cache-A-Maniacs Podcasts

CADTech Guest

Cache-A-Maniacs Podcasts

I recently purchased my first Ipod, and have discovered podcasts for Geocachers. There are several cache related podcast, but so far I've been enjoying Cache-A-Maniacs.
    Let me know what you've discovered from podcasts and which is your fav.

I absolutely LOVE podcasts. So much so, went out and got me a bigger iPod so I could store more of them and watch video podcasts as well. I got one of those things that lets me play it over my car speakers so now our favorite thing to do is geocache while listening to geocaching podcasts!

My favorite is the Podcacher. Sonny & Sandy from sunny & sandy San Diego. They put out 1 or 2 episodes a week. They are somewhat informative and very professionally produced. I've even made up some sample show cds and put them in caches. A lot of cachers don't even know what podcasts are, so I thought this was a good way to teach them.

Next I enjoy the Cache-A-Maniacs. I really enjoy it when they interview experienced cachers. They've interviewed a couple of cachers from Arkansas (NonnyPoppy & Golfnutz). They recently asked for submissions for names and I sent in some more cachers from the state. Hopefully they'll be more soon.

I also really like Cachers of the Round Table. It is made up of hosts from other podcasts. They pick a topic each month and do a roundtable discussion. It only comes out once a month. Very informative.

Icenrye's Geocaching Videozine is very good. You'll need to watch it on your computer if you don't have an iPod with video, but its worth the trouble. I learned a lot about using GSAK and some other software from this show.

I've listened to some other regional shows that are pretty good too, but these are my favorites.