Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS Mount

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Wheels:
    I Know what you mean boo, I would like my convertible to clear the ground more then 1/4" so I could start walking where everyone else starts, not miles back down the road but the mileage is great. My 4X4 Nissan is only 4 cyclinders but gets less then half of what the car gets.
    GPS:
    If my new GPS with the maps, also had the arrow page like the old one I would tell you I now have a winner. Heck it may have one but I can't figure out how to work it. I tried drawing an arrow on it with a magicmarker but then I couldn't even find my car.

GEO Guest
    Well I have a dollar GPS mount for my RINO 120 it is heavy and the 12 volt cable in the truck kinda puts weight on it.

But at Walmart a simple DOLL yes a DOLL stand for Barbie's works excellent as a dash mount for it.

I am a mizer when it comes to money,because I do not have much.......
    So I tend to find the simple cheap good things.

It also holds very well on those bumpy roads the OZARKS are known for,even in the 4X4.

Quote Originally Posted by BACKPACKNJACK
    I tried drawing an arrow on it with a magicmarker but then I couldn't even find my car.
    Hey, I tried that, too! Nice thing about it is that whatever direction you turn, your GPSr shows you're going the right way!!! Maybe we need something like that for the club. Reminds me of people that leave their blinker on all the time... They must be driving around the state... lol

Has anybody found a CHEAP solution for a car mount for the eTrex line? I tried one of those vent-mounted cell phone holders, but it wouldn't stay tight...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

GEO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GEO
    Well I have a dollar GPS mount for my RINO 120 it is heavy and the 12 volt cable in the truck kinda puts weight on it.

But at Walmart a simple DOLL yes a DOLL stand for Barbie's works excellent as a dash mount for it.

I am a mizer when it comes to money,because I do not have much.......
    So I tend to find the simple cheap good things.

It also holds very well on those bumpy roads the OZARKS are known for,even in the 4X4.

FIT'S ALL MODEL BARBIE'S WOOP I MEAN GPSR'S

BooCrew Guest
    So what did you mount the stand to on the dash?

motexoutlaw Guest
    My top of dash mount for my Little Yellow Etrex is really the cheap route . I took a clear 1 pint plastic water bottle, cut off the top to leave about 3-4 inches of the bottom. Used the bottom part for the holder. Cut a 1/2-3/4 inch notch the width of the Etrex in the back for it to lay in and keep it from turning in the "holder". Cut about 2 inch notch the width of Etrex in front for clear view of screen. Used epoxy to glue a two inch square of velcro to dash (top center) (Chevy Venture Van) and "Bottle Holder" Bottom. Works great and a lot cheaper than anything from Garmin or GPS Geek. I would post a photo, but someone might get the idea of filing a patent on this novel devise .

BooCrew Guest
    I'd thought about using an adhesive backed velcro as a really cheap mount but didn't want to mar the dash on the new car. Of course backing it into my son's ball goal probably marred it more than a little adhesive would.

Quote Originally Posted by motexoutlaw
    I would post a photo, but someone might get the idea of filing a patent on this novel devise .
    Oh, come on. Please??? One little photo? Seriously, I'd like to try something like this, and it seems to fit my price range...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Sounds like smart thinking I would like to see a picture for my patent papers. Oops I was not supposed to say that out loud.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!