Thread: New in Conway

New in Conway

I bought a GPS in the spring. I didn't really know what I wanted it for. I didn't get much use out of it until my maps finally came in from Garmin (only took 4 months!) I started playing around with it and on Labor Day, I discovered geocaching.com and downloaded some waypoints into my GPS, loaded the kids into the Aztek and we found 8 caches in the next few hours... WE WERE HOOKED!

A couple of weeks later I introduced my brother to it and this past Saturday we spent most of the day exploring Burns Park.

Tim

Tim,

It's good to see you here! I think you will find that ArkGeo is a great resource, especially for someone just getting started with geocaching. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them. There are lots of helpful folks in this community.

WELCOME!!!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Lauri Guest
    Welcome to the fine obsessio....I mean world of geocaching!

How can I get my stat box to show up in my sig? I followed the directions in the FAQ but all I get is code... Am I missing something?

Fantastic. A new cacher in Conway. Welcome to geocaching and to the Arkansas Geocachers Association. If you have questions, there is someone here that will have an answer, so don't hesitate to ask.

The Searcy area geocachers are having an event this Saturday, September 29th and I would like to give you a personal invitation to come join the fun. It's a perfect chance to meet other cachers and learn some proven techniques. Also, we will be having a Geocaching 101 class just for newbies. Check it out. The number is GC15NZT.

Hope to see you there and happy caching.

woodwalker

Thanks for the welcome. I'd love to come to Searcy this weekend, but I'm a Boy Scout Scoutmaster and our troop is participating in a camporee this weekend at the Scout camp in Damascus.

My in-laws live in Bald Knob so we're looking forward to spending some weekends looking for some caches in White Co. Looks like there are plenty up there.

Tim

Tim,

The code looks right to me. Some people have said that for some reason, their stats box started working after they changed their avatar. After it started working, they could change their avatar back to what it was. I can't explain why this would work, but you might give it a try...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Looks like it worked! Thanks Wayne.

flannelman Guest
    Welcome!! If ya need anything just ask.