Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for #1000.

flannelman Guest
    Man that sounds like a great trip no matter which cache you pick!!!! I'd like to tag along if work doesn't get in the way. I'll soon be changing to a weekend shift and won't be able to do my expeditions next year

It's always a lot of fun to get togather and go after a bunch of caches with friends.

I am back working in Little Rock a few days a week right now. I am not sure what my schedule will be like over the next few weeks so I may try to go for number 1000 this Sunday. I just reached 999 this morning. I will make my decision by tomorrow and post it here sometime midday.

We have taken our Jeep into the Wet Spadra series. We only got the first two caches then got fascinated with the falls and all and spent all our time taking photos. This trip was a major inspiration for some pretty hefty "tricking out" of the Jeep! I know, I know, we are wimps when it comes to long hikes, but taking the Jeep through some of this stuff is pretty fun! I can't wait to go back - Cold Springs/Spainhour Falls is a very pretty spot. (The skid plates and teeny little lift kit on the car will help my nerves too!)

OK due to some changes at work and some projects at home I have decided to put off going for number 1000 until December 8th. It's going to be tough to wait that long. I will set up the event on GC.com next week.

Q Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by topkitty98
    We only got the first two caches then got fascinated with the falls and all and spent all our time taking photos.......
    More times than I can count, this has happened to us. I get a list of 10 or so to find and we do one or two and get sidetracked and just end up playing in the woods. These wonderful hills are still fascinating to this swampland flatlander. My kids don't get it. A waterfall, bluff or rock outcrop is a big deal. A hill to us was 50 ft tall.

Happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking
    I have decided to put off going for number 1000 until December 8th. ... I will set up the event on GC.com next week.
    Please note that a gathering of geocachers to hunt for geocaches does not qualify as an "event cache" and will not be published on Geocaching.com. Sorry!
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

Could he have a Breakfast Meet and Greet? People could afterwards hang around and talk more, or go home, or go caching in big clumps? That's what we all do after events anyway - hang around and talk or go home or go caching in clumps. . .

flannelman Guest
    That's what I did at the Searcy event. Flannelman's Breakfast Club. We met for breakfast, had a coin view and swap, and gave away some door prizes, after that everyone went caching.

5beavers Guest
    I too am looking for that perfect cache to log as my 1000th find.

jacksonb Guest
    I reviewed this thread as I was approaching #1000. It seemed a lot of folks were recommending Hawksbill Crag. I only had two concerns. First, it was a long way from Paragould. Second, I don't like heights. But I decided to go for it and hopefully have a memorable milestone, even though the last log was a DNF.

My two sons and I headed out on a boys road trip, geocaching along the way. Unfortunately, I somehow lost my 60CSx at a cache in Mountain Home and was worried that was a very bad omen for the rest of the trip. However, we pressed on, using my older etrex Legend as a backup GPSr.

We spent the night in Harrison with 993 finds. Saturday morning, we headed south, picking up six more finds along the way. We arrived at the parking area around noon and started the hike to the crag. I was able to manage my fear of heights enough to enjoy an excellent cache. A couple of pictures are below and you can read the log here. I would recommend this cache for anyone looking for a memorable caching experience.