Thread: Geocaching for Boy Scout Troop

Geocaching for Boy Scout Troop

I'm looking for suggestions of a place to take my Boy Scout troop for a campout where we can spend Saturday introducing them to geocaching. I'd like to find a place within an hour or two from Conway with a lot of caches within hiking distance of the camping area. Any ideas?

I think Petit Jean State Park would be your best bet. Old River Runner has a series dedicated to the Boy Scouts of America, with each cache named after one of the 12 points of the Boy Scout Law. All of them are hidden along the Boy Scout Trail in the Park. There are also other caches in the park along the Seven Hollows trail and down along Cedar Creek.

Yep, that was gonna be my suggestion, too. Nice trails, beautiful scenery, and plenty of caches!

Lake Dardanelle State Park would be another good one...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

LuckyoneinAR Guest
    Village Creek State Park is always a nice place to camp and it has a few caches in it.

I agree that Petit Jean would be a great place, I have not found those caches as of yet, I have been saving them for a camping trip myself.

Here's the link for the bookmark list of caches on Petit Jean, which include mine and some others. -- ORR

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/vie ... 0e2d7176ed
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen