Thread: 4 wheeler trails

Team_Pink Guest

4 wheeler trails

Captain B and Queen and us are looking for some nice places to ride a four wheeler and find some caches. It's about to be a beautiful time of year and we are hoping we can find some "geriatric rated" 4 wheeler trails. Just a nice leisurely drive, no testosterone producing/adrenaline pumping experiences. As close to NE Arkansas as possible but traveling not absolutely out of the question.

Mike, I know it's not in NE Arkansas, but if you don't mind traveling, Cachemates have a GREAT series along a 4wheel trail on Lake Greeson west of Glenwood. Jerry is very creative and all these hides will put a smile on your face. He also has a series in Glenwood called "Tool Time" that is truly amazing. Center your search around #GCWKE6. Have fun whereever you end up.

cachemates Guest
    Mike, We would welcome you to come to Lake Greeson and ride the trail here at Kirby Landing. The trail where we have the caches is an easy to ride trail, Except for the one mudhole with the one stump that rkl did not see and dumped mbl into, in Feburary. She has not forgot that mudhole.

I remember reading on a hunting forum about someone enjoying riding their 4 wheelers somewhere around Sylamore near Mt. View. I have never ridden the 4 wheeler in that area, but it sure is pretty country.

This next place is about as far from Northeast Arkansas as you can get, but if you catch the color just right it has some beautiful scenery. If I can remember how, I will post a couple of pictures we took the last of October or the first of November.

There are a ton of caches in this area and you will have a full day of riding and caching. There are no trail just forest roads, but you will love this place.

This is near Vandervort AR. These are Mountainborn caches. He has quit geocaching but still has his caches active. He is a fun guy to cache with and I'm sure would be glad to see you come his way.
    Just remember you are going into the Arkansas Outback and you could hear Banjo Music. Don't worry though, mountainborn knows all the banjo pickers.

kevnjenn Guest
    Is this trail Jeep compatible, or only quads?

Team_Pink Guest
    I've heard about that ToolTime series and we're looking forward to the challenge! Cachemates caches are always a treat!

cachemates Guest
    Well, Actually I did not have a picture of the trail-road. Just the scenic views. I just imagine you will find about every kind of off road 4x4 known to man in those woods.

cachemates Guest
    If you are looking for a place to try out your Jeep, These would be some good one's to find. GCTCJP-GCNY18-GCTBYX. Let me know how it goes.
    Be sure and do Lock Yer Hubs.

I have not rode the complete trail at Lake Greeson but I did ride the most difficult part and it was a breeze, this was before I started caching so I get to make another trip. It is a very nice place. My favorite place to ride is at Huckelberry Mountain, basically it is the north side of Mt. Magazine, I don't know if there are any caches along the trails because there again I haven't been there since I started caching, there are camping areas where you can jump right on the trails, most of them don't have any hookups for campers, I stayed at Lonesome D Horse Camp, if I'm not mistaken you can enter the trails from the camping areas at Lake Greeson, you might want to ask Cachemates about that though, also north of Russellville is Moccasin Gap and there are some caches in that area put out by Saddlebags, North of Morrilton in the Jerusalem area are the Brock Creek Trails and there are a few caches there also, now I'm wanting to go ride, see what you started.

My wife and I really enjoy the north of Dover caches in the Ozark National Forest. You can pick up a trail map at any of the ranger districts. We took our '05 wrangler down most of the trails, but there are several that we are not allowed on that have caches on them(restricted to atv/mule traffic). One of those is GCJ479 "Cascades of Extinction" which is a prominent feature of the Big Piney River in that area.

If you search all nearby caches from that waypoint, you'll find a dozen or so caches, including a rarely done night cache. The night cache is close to the famous "dover lights" which is an overlook in the national forest where you may see strange mysterious glowing lights in the valley below. There are several primitive camping spots along the main forest road, or you can go to the Piney Camp Ground up a ways and camp with all the amenities.

All in all, this is one of our favorite spots to go. Thanks to Saddlebags for placing so many of the caches in that area. Hope you all have a good time out ridding around.