Thread: I am a total newbie

boazcowboy Guest

I am a total newbie

I just found out about caching and want to get started in it.I live in southwest missouri do any of you all now of any caches in the area of southwest missou ri or northwest arkansas. thanks for your help

Flyfishingguide Guest
    Hi and welcome,

The easiest way to find caches in an area is to go to www.geocaching.com on the left hand side you will see hide and seek a cache, click that and enter a zip code for the area you wish to search in and a radius of miles, then click go. You will then recive a complete list of all caches within the area you chose.

FFG..........

Welcome to the community. Have you already got your gps unit? If so, your ready to go. I bet there are a few members here who live close to ya. Good luck and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Geocaching.

I looked at the caches available within 10 miles of the Rogers, Ark. zip code and found that there are about 60 available.

You can rack up a lot of caches in your area but you are always welcome to extend your geocaching adventures to all of Arkansas.

The Searcy, Ar geocachers are having a Meet and Greet on Sept. 29th from 8 am until 3 pm.

Searcy is a very cache rich area and we would like to meet you so I am extending a personal invitation for you to come and say Hello.

View the event cache page at this link http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-ab30670b660c
    Searcykid

eurekagass Guest
    Hello to the world of Geocaching. New to this activity myself. Owned a GPS since the Garmin II. Didn't learn to use it very well. But just got a new Garmin 76CSx and wow. I get it. Been out on one hunt ... Beaver Cache ... seeing that it's just across the river. But didn't spend much time there. But will find it the next time out ... warmer weather. Look forward in looking more.

Welcome to Geocaching!

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun going treasure hunting in the Natural State.

There are over 3500 caches for you to find in Arkansas.

There is going to be a Meet and Greet in Paris, AR. on Sat. the 12th of January . There is no better way to get started Geocaching than to meet some of the other Cachers.
    To find out more about this event go to Geocaching.com and log in the Waypoint GC17T78.
    This is a very family orinted hobby so bring your spouse and children if you have them.
    You will have a lot of fun meeting other cachers, playing geocaching games, looking for caches, and of course EATING.

SEARCYKID