Thread: Help

rob605 Guest

Help

hello , I have a few questions. I just found this site today and signed up and I know little to none about Geocaching. I planning a camping trip at Lake Ouachita State Park. and can't seem to find any info about geocaching in that area. I was wanting to know how you find info on geocaching locations. I think this will be a good family hobby once I figure it out. thanks for any info you can give.

Rob

Welcome Rob. We're glad that you found us. There are lots of great folks here that are always eager to help, so if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    There’s really some great caches in and around Lake Ouachita State Park and I know you will have a great time hunting them. Try entering the zip code for Mountain Pine(71956) and that should get you started.
    Have a great time and happy caching.

cachemates Guest
    Hi Rob,
    Welcome to geocaching. You will find everyone on this forum to be very helpful. Lake Ouachita has some great caches with scenic views. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, someone will help you.
    Have Fun.

Lauri Guest
    rob, if you haven't already - go to www. geocaching.com. That's where you will find the caches, zip code is easy to start, in the area you want. There are also a lot of great articles about getting started, equipment, etc. there for beginners. The best advice though is really just to jump right in once you have a GPSr and some listings of caches. Learn as you go along!

rob605 Guest
    thank you very much for the info. its going to help alot. if just download 5 cache location into my gps. again thank for the help!!

flannelman Guest
    Let me know when you plan to go and I might be able to meet ya there and help get ya started. I have a couple of caches in the area and have found some of the others there. There are some new ones that I haven't found yet too so I need a good excuse to go back in there.

cya on the trail