Thread: Seeking Members for ArkGeo Committees

Seeking Members for ArkGeo Committees

This is duplicate post from the Arkansas Geocaching forum. If you already replied to that post, we thank you.

The ArkGeo Board needs your help. We are looking for volunteers to fill the following four committees. Any Voting member of ArkGeo may volunteer for a committee. If you are interested in joining any or all of these committees please reply to the post, send a Private Message to Rich Swanson (The_Griswolds) or email me at rcsrswanson@centurytel.net.

Each committee with have a liaison on the Board of Directors to help cooridinate activities with the full board. Please see Article VI - Committees sections of the Bylaws for further information.

Thanks for your interest in making this a better organization.

Election Committee
    The Election Committee shall exist to assemble the full slate of candidates for election to the Board and to oversee these election and voting procedures. The Election Committee will also identify and present candidates for committees to the Executive Committee.

Fundraising Committee
    The Fundraising Committee shall exist to plan projects to help fund ArkGeo in its goals of promoting and education of geocaching.

Community Relations Committee
    The Community Relations Committee shall exist to serve as a liaison between ArkGeo and third-party agencies such as media, landowners, law enforcement, etc.

Event Committee
    Responsible for planning and coordination of Annual General Membership meeting and any other ArkGeo-sponsored events.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Hey ya'll!
    I sure am hoping that some more folks will be signing up for committees soon! You won't be alone, remember there will be a board liaison to each committee - to help and to facilitate communication. I'm certain a lot of the work for each committee can be done by phone, private message, email, whatever and won't require a major amount of time.

Please consider helping with our organization. As liaison to the Election Committee, which currently has NO volunteers, I would especially encourage you to sign up! PLEASE

Beth aka topkitty98
    >^..^<