Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: By the Numbers

By the Numbers

mbl noted this morning that there were 173 new caches placed in Arkansas during the month of July 2007. This was the highest number of caches ever placed in Arkansas in a one-month period. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to place a cache for all of us to enjoy.

By the way, if anyone else in interested in this stuff , the following caches are currently active:

Calendar Year Placed - Number of Active Caches
    2000 - 1
    2001 - 16
    2002 - 47
    2003 - 126
    2004 - 291
    2005 - 473
    2006 - 1076
    2007 thru 8-5-2007 - 905

Lauri Guest
    Awesome!

I just placed my first cache, too, but that would land in August stats. It's addicting and I'll probably hit the surplus store for a few more ammo cans before the week is out for some new ones! :P

Thanks for the numbers. It's always interesting to see these kind of statistics. Maybe we can beat that number this month. There have already been 15 placed this month so far. Keep 'em coming everyone.

cachecrazies Guest
    mbl is SO organized! We can always count on her for whatever numbers we want or need! Well worth a Peanut Butter Pie here or there!

Flyfishingguide Guest
    Hey Cachecrazies,

Them are some very impressive numbers posted from last month, but I think we can beat them what do you think Are you up for the challenge

cachecrazies Guest
    Hey flyfishingguide - we're up for your challenge! And will respond to your challenge by extending it to the whole group! Let's make August the best month that Arkansas has ever had! We're just a few short of having 3000 active caches in Arkansas - let's hit that point!

In this area we're all trying to place new caches for those of you that are coming to the JAKES event so the timing on this is great for us!

We know we have to put a lot out there because rklmbl (the caching machines) are coming and they eat caches up like Peanut Butter Pie and BBQ! So we have to be ready for them!

Re: By the Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by rklmbl

Calendar Year Placed - Number of Active Caches

2007 thru 8-5-2007 - 905
    You guys are killing me !!! I need a raise !

Seriously, it's great to see my review queue holding at least 5 new caches almost every night when I sit down to do my reviews! Geocaching is alive and well in Arkansas! Just keep 'em maintained so I don't have to get after you! Unfortunately, I have to archive several each month due to lack of owner maintenance.
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

As of now there have been 105 caches hidden in the month of Aguust. No wait make that 106. What's this, another one pops up as I type. Make that 107 as of right now.

10 minutes later there are 112. Looks like we may have a shot at beating that record after all.