Thread: New, from Whitehall/conway

JAYdotTEEdot Guest

New, from Whitehall/conway

I've heard some out of sate friends talk about Geocaching and finally looked into it. Im glad to see there is alot here.
    What are some good websites that list caches?
    Geocaching.com is nice. I didn't know if there where others out there.
    also, is there a page/guide that translates some of the jargon? (mugglers TNLN TFTC things like that)
    What are some good GPS to use?
    Im hoping to get into it as soon as I can.
    Thanks for your help.

JAYdotTEEdot Guest
    The 210 looks to be about what I was looking for (to the best of my knowledge anyway) and in my price range. Thanks for the help.

Re: New, from Whitehall/conway

Quote Originally Posted by JAYdotTEEdot
    What are some good websites that list caches?
    There are two or three, but none come close to Geocaching.com. Terracaching would be the next closest, probably, but it never really caught on.

also, is there a page/guide that translates some of the jargon? (mugglers TNLN TFTC things like that)
    There is a question in our FAQ that addresses this. Check it out!

What are some good GPS to use?
    OEnavigator is right about the "GPSr Wars". It seems that people are VERY loyal to their favorite brands. We have a Garmin eTrex Legend and a Magellan Sportrak Pro and they both work well for us. We have found that there are advantages and disadvantages to both brands, but Garmin is probably the market leader right now.

Maybe by the time we need a new GPSr, we will be able to find a used Garmin 60CSX cheap...(dream on...)

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

JAYdotTEEdot Guest
    thanks for all the help guys. Im looking forward to when I get back to AR to pick up a GPS and have at it.

JAYdotTEEdot Guest
    This as been a REALLY helpful site.

flannelman Guest
    Another way to learn is to attend an event. I learned a lot at the first one I attended and have continued to pick things up from other cachers at events. Just ask any question and there always seems to be someone that that can answer it.