Thread: New to this!

drgnfly_d Guest

New to this!

Hi! I'm new to this. In fact, I just ordered my first GPS last night, Garmin Legend HCx, 2nd day air of course...I have no idea what I'm doing but I hike and camp a lot with my boys and thought geocaching sounded like hiking with a purpose...hhmmm where have I heard that before? A game with a purpose. It's my life.

-Drgnfly_D

Welcome to Geocaching drgnfly_d . I'm sure you and your family will really enjoy it.
    All of the people that I have met that are geocachers have been the nicest people one could ever meet. Many friendships are formed through this hobby. It is a very family friendly hobby and children like it as much as adults.
    Geocaching Greet and Meet events are great places to meet the people that you normally only meet online. I recommend that you attend some of these so we can meet you.

flannelman Guest
    Welcome to the forum!! I cache a lot with my kids and they love it. They say they are treasure hunting. They really enjoy going through the caches to find stuff to trade. Having a cache alont the trail gives them an excuse to want to go on the longer hikes with me.

cya on the trails

Welcome to the Website and to geocaching. My wife and I love it. Hope to see meet you someday out on the trail.

Jason