Thread: "Hobo Caching"

"Hobo Caching"

We have a tent and camping junk. Mark really enjoyed that. It is definitely cheaper than a hotel. (Especially in the backyard with an extension cord out the window of the house and a color portable tv!) (Called roughing it)

bronco2 Guest
    That's what I call roughing it!!

I agree with Beth completely. IF you can find a spot to camp I'd do that for a couple of the days. It will cut the cost back, other than that, I don't really have any other suggestions. (I really just wanted to post. )

I am taking a trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico in early Nov. with my company, so the expenses will be paid for the most part, luckily or I'd never get to go!, but I will be paying for gas once we get there to do a bit of geocaching around town.

I hope you have lots of fun adventures on your trip to the Grand Canyon!!!

Q Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OEnavigator
    I want my photo taken beside the no trespassing sign near Area 51!
    You Rebel!

bronco2 Guest
    Rock on! That would be so cool!! Well, enjoy your trip!

flannelman Guest
    I know a guy that camps out of his old dodge carvan when he is hunting. He just throws a matress in the back and camps where ever he can park his van. Taking your own food and drinks will cut back the costs quite a bit too.
    Sounds like a fun trip. Wish I could go too!!

HikerRon Guest
    rule number one- water, water, WATER.
    rule number two- see rule number one.

i cached around Phoenix in April one year, and it was 95 deg and the rocks were to hot too touch. (need gloves)

good boots. everything in Arizona either bites or stings, or punctures you.

stay on the trail...or you will get bit, stung, or punctured.

carry a mini-tool with needle-nose pliers to pull cactus out of yourself.
    i'm not kidding. i had a cactus needle go THRU by boot sole, thru my sock, and into my big toe. think about that for a minute...how would you get your boot off? LOL. it was painful.

camera...you will be in one of the most photogenic spots in the world.
    especially at dawn, and dusk.

not sure of your route, but there is a whole load of 'route 66' caches strung
    out across the state.

that's my 2 cents worth.
    have fun!

hikerchicken Guest
    sometimes you can cut cost of camping by renting equipment. Pack Rat in Fayetteville has a lot of great stuff to rent. Might check out some of the local outdoor store in your area. Hope you have a great trip and find some great caches