Thread: Obtaining Permission for a Cemetery Cache

bronco2 Guest

Obtaining Permission for a Cemetery Cache

I have a question.

I have been wanting to place a cemetery cache in a very small cemetery that not many people know of. It is located in the country off of Batesville Pike on a residential road. There are no signs saying who keeps up with it or who to contact it something is missing, ect. I have done my research on the matter and found a phone number in the phone book to the nearest church, but I can never get anyone to answer or return my calls.

What should I do? I am open to all opinions. Though I WILL place one even it takes me three years to get permission. I'll place one! MUAhahahaha... Sorry.. got carried away with the moment.

Any ideas??

I love cemetery caches and am glad to see you wanting to place one. It is sometimes very hard to find contact information on some of these out of the way cemeteries. One thing that has worked for me is to contact a funeral home in the area. They sometimes have a name and number of the custodian. Hope this helps and hope you get this one out soon. I'll be watching for it.

kevnjenn Guest
    You might be able to catch someone at the church on Sunday mornings.

Check out this link: http://www.rootsweb.com/~arcemete/arcem.htm I have found it useful over last couple of years. Some of the listings have the info to locate who manages the cemetary, others may be more difficult to figure out who to talk to. Good Luck!

bronco2 Guest
    Thanks! I'll be looking on that link and seeing as I work for the county, maybe I can find something out. Thanks!!!