Thread: Getting a Head Start on another C.I.T.O Event

polijn Guest

Getting a Head Start on another C.I.T.O Event

Well, I just got in my supplies for this year's Keep Arkansas Beautiful Great Arkansas Cleanup. Forceflex trashbags, 5 litter getters, car stickers, gloves, car litter bags, and TSHIRTS! (They're orange this year.) The cleanup's kickoff day is going to be Saturday, September 8. I hearby invite all of ya'll, even though we haven't picked a firm date yet.

It'll probably go along the lines of the event I hosted here at Lake Ouachita State Park way back in May. Chili dogs and PB&J sammiches seemed to go over well; I got no complaints anyway. This time, maybe we'll get a few of you into kayaks. At the last event, we discovered most of the litter was on the shoreline or in other areas nearby. (What can I say? We've got a pretty clean park!)

This event is going to be open to the public. We usually have some volunteers every year, so be prepared to recruit some new cachers!

I'll be posting more information as I get it, including dates and times!

polijn, great to see you are planning another CITO. I really enjoyed the one in May and know that you will do a great job on this one. I am committed for the weekend of September 8th. That is the day of the 4th annual Jake's Event in Cotter. I know you said that you haven't pick a firm date yet so I will be watching for that to be finalized. If possible, I will definitely be there.

bronco2 Guest
    That's great! We missed the last one in May, but we look forward to this one. We have already made plans for Sept. 8th for the event in Cotter, but we'll definately to be checking back since you said it wasn't firm.

We would love to beable to make both events, but since mankind hasn't figured out how we can be two places at once yet, we won't be able to. :

I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun!!

polijn Guest
    We probably won't be doing it on the 8th anyway. It's just the 'big' day of the Great Arkansas Cleanup. We'd planned to do ours later that month, but just haven't got it set in stone (and posted on our state parks server) yet. I'll post back here with a firm date ASAP.

That's great news. I was so disappointed that I was going to have to miss this great event. Now, hopefully, I will be able to attend. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help. Happy caching.

bronco2 Guest
    That is so awesome! I was quite down about not being able to come! Let us know if we can do anything to help out!

Lauri Guest
    Any updates on this yet? I'm eager!