Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW SERIES OF CACHES - ASKING FOR YOUR HELP!

NEW SERIES OF CACHES - ASKING FOR YOUR HELP!

Hey ya'll!

Some members of the ArkGeo Board and I have been discussing a new series of caches we'd like to see ArkGeo folks get started in Arkansas. A cacher named cgeek began a series in Tennessee called LTL - Loop the Loop. Originally it was begun to give folks caches within a half mile of the exits off I-40 from Memphis to Jackson and has now spread across to their border with North Carolina. Think - we could take I-40 to Oklahoma, I-30 to Texas, and I-55 to Missouri! There are many caches already in place that could just add the series designation to the beginning of their cache name, such as I-40 Exit 78, Rusty's Cache # 2. This could help travelers, especially with the attributes such as nearby restrooms, etc. Most of theirs are easy, some a bit more difficult. Imagine the potential for a mega-cache run! For an example of theirs, try looking at LTL - Appling Road by cgeek (GCWAED). I do think we should list the Exit number or mile marker.

Some name ideas:
    Arkansas Interstates
    Caching Across Arkansas
    Welcome to Arkansas
    Border to Border - Traveling Arkansas
    Exit Arkansas
    Arkansas Next Exit
    Arkansas Naturally Loves Cachers

We could do any of these with the acronym, then the exit number. If there is more than one at an exit, we could list it as east or whichever side is the closest.

I have a tentative cache description started, anyone will be free to cut and paste or do their own thing.

Need not be a member - this is just for fun!

I'll also volunteer to do a bookmark list for at least one of the interstates.

What cha'll think?

I think the idea is great. One of the things we like about geocaching is that now, when we drive to visit family, we have an excuse to stop every so often to stretch our legs (and find a cache). If you want some in our neck of the woods (I540 through Rogers), count us in.

I'll throw this out for general consideration and comment:

I like Beth's suggested name of Caching Across Arkansas for the name of the series, and I suggest using CAA, for short. A cache on I-40 would be CAA I40; on I-30, CAA I30; and on I-55, CAA I55. For the exit, just use "X" and the exit number. (OK, bear with me!)

For example, Rusty's #2 would be:

CAA I40 X78 -- Rusty's #2.

If an exit has two caches (one eastbound and one westbound on I-40, for example), just put an E or W after the exit number.

Also, as TnT stated, there are also the spur interstates to consider: I-540 (Ft. Smith to Rogers) and I-530 (Little Rock to Pine Bluff). I'm not too sure about placing caches along the urban spurs of I-430, I-630, and I-440 in Little Rock, though. I believe the LTL series in TN avoids the major urban area exits. -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I think this is a great idea. I will be willing to place caches at 4 exits in Conway County along I-40. I am just wondering what will be the best name for the series. I like "Exit Arkansas" and "Cache Across Arkansas" I will be watching for more feedback and once a name for the series is decided I will place the caches.
    I think it is a great idea and I have plans for 2 new caches close to 2 exits anyway. I just haven't gotten around to placing them.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Great Idea!

I vote for something along the lines of "Exit Arkansas". Seems to be more of an invitation to visit. If you need any placed on I-40 in the Fort Smith area or along the I-540 spur in the same area count me in.

I think this is a great idea for a series. I can place one at work at exit 84 for sure and can check on the others in Russellville.

cupstack Guest
    I like the idea.

As for the name, are there any ideas relating to our state theme - "The Natural State".

How about: "Caching in the Natural State"

Otherwise I like "Caching Across Arkansas"

Quote Originally Posted by cupstack
    I like the idea.

As for the name, are there any ideas relating to our state theme - "The Natural State".

How about: "Caching in the Natural State"

Otherwise I like "Caching Across Arkansas"
    esa es una buena idea

It's also one good idea.

Ok, the next one's in Greek

When will we know the official name for the series? Also, does anyone have a link to a geocaching permit from the AHTD or a contact name. I've got a 50 cal ammo can ready to go.

Μπορείτε να δοκιμάσετε πάλι