Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Day/Date set wrong somewhere?

LongDogs Guest

GMT-6 vs GMT+6

Arkansas (Central Standard Time) is GMT -6 (minus six).

Because it works out to exactly 12 hours difference if you select +6 instead, the time will look right, but the date will be wrong, as you will have set your timezone for the opposite side of the world.

I did notice a few people have it set that way.

Also, to adjust for Daylight Savings Time, you can set it to GMT-5 insted of -6. Just remember to set it back to -6 when we go from CTD to CST.

I wish Nuke/phpBB (the software running the site) would just automatically adjust for DST, but I don't think it can.

GEO Guest

GMT +7

Thanks for clearing it up.

Geoark1 Guest
    Noticed even though my time was set at GMT -6 the time was off so I have set it for GMT-5 to see if that works

LongDogs Guest

Daylight Savings Time

Quote Originally Posted by Geoark1
    Noticed even though my time was set at GMT -6 the time was off so I have set it for GMT-5 to see if that works
    Yeah, that is the daylight savings time effect I was talking about. During the summer (DST) you need to set it to -5 and change it back to -6 when we go off DST. Unfortunately the software on the web site apparently can't do that automatically, since the rules for DST vary so much from place to place.

GEO Guest
    So if I understand it right we Spring forward and Fall back manually in the accounts page.
    07/27/2004
    10:40 AM

falled back 1 lets see now
    07/27/2004
    10:43

Ah it worked I am not an hour ahead now thanks for the update

LongDogs Guest
    I haven't completely given up on this. I'd still like to automate it some way.