Thread: 2007 Jeep Travel Bug

2007 Jeep Travel Bug

jacksonb Guest
    I got one in the mail today too.

DON'T WAIT - DON'T WAIT - HEAD IMMEDIATELY TO A CACHE IN JACKSONVILLE, AR WHERE ALL NEW JEEPS SHOULD BE STARTED . . .

Oops, got a little carried away since I have still not seen a Green Jeep. Why, certainly, go ahead, drop it any ole cache. (She says calmly )

redink Guest

RED JEEP TRAVEL BUG

DROPPED MINE 4TH OF JULY @GC13DJH

How can I search geocaching.com for jeep travelbugs in Arkansas? I looked through the options in both regular search and in query's but found no option for jeep icon. Thanks for the help and placing those jeeps .

redink Guest
    I personally don't know of a way to look for jeep tb's only. But I am still sort of new to the game, maybe someone with more knowledge can enlighten us both, they are a treasure to find, after finding them I tend to put them in more difficult caches to keep them from being muggled.I
    know this doesn't answer your ?, but maybe someone out there can explain how to do a search by icons only if possible. RED INK

The only way I know of to do it is to create a pocket query (assuming you're a premium member) and check the box for "Have trvael but". Of course, this will show all TBs and geocoins too, but the Jeep icons are distinctive. Then, whenever you want to look, just click the icon on your "Create a PQ page" to preview the query. This will show what trackables are in proximity to your starting point.

Any one in the Searcy area looking for a Red Jeep Travel bug can find one in the Beebe Capps Teaser (GC12WX6) and inTake a Kid Fishing
    (GC13KNA)
    Come on down and grab one before they drive away. They are still there as of 8/24/07

UPDATE 9/22/07:::
    The Red Jeeps are not in the above caches :

There will be THREE Red Jeep travel bugs at the Searcy's First Ever Meet and Greet in Searcy, Ar. next Sat. Sept: 29th, 2007

GC15NZT

Come on to the event and have some fun, meet some cachers, get some door prizes, and grab a RED JEEP Travel Bug/

How many of you in the ArkGeo community have entered the Red Jeep Travel Bug photo contest for August called "No Boundaries"?
    The pictures are posted now for nomination for best photo depicting the theme.

I would like to see the pictures taken by all of you in Arkansas that entered so I can see what I am up against.

Here is the link for my picture. You can nominate my pic by clicking the Nominate button under the picture.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log....5-880d66e1d629

You can post your picture URL by going to the Red Jeep Travel Bug website and find your picture, then copy and post the URL in this thread.

The September contest is now going on so get your Jeep and enter for Sept. The photo theme for September is "Only In A Jeep".