Thread: DNFs: Waited too long to redeem yourself?

DNFs: Waited too long to redeem yourself?

Team Rock Hound got us thinking about our numerous DNFs this weekend. We have 21!!! (I guess I'm sort of proud of our DNFs in a way, since in many cases, those have been our most interesting experiences.)

Anywho, there are only two of those 21 DNFs that really bug me. The reason they bug me is because we logged a DNF on a cache that was actually there but we couldn't find it. Then, before we could try again, the cache was permanently archived. Now, we will never be able to redeem ourselves! How many times has this happened to you?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

This has happened to me atleast 2 or 3 time and Like everyone it makes me upset to know that I was so close but yet so far.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    What irks me is to have to log a DNF and later see that the owner has "adjusted" the coordinates. Twice I have been caching some distance away from home and had that one DNF due to incorrect coordinates. Having found the other caches in the area and with so many great caches in other places, I don't see myself going back for one cache. So the DNF becomes a permanent blemish on my record. Such is life.

Geezer

GEO Guest
    I did 2 in New Mexico like that,I went to find them,they were not there,I e-mailed the owner and then went back to the cache page and they were archived that day...............arrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh.To top it off they did not have the Cities permission either,there was another that the coordinates were adjusted that same day,I talked to the City Parks rep. while there and got him and his wife interested so maybe next time I go through there will be some nice caches.

All in a cache day.
    I do not worry there are plenty more and the caches were probably lame anyway.