Thread: Geocache Route not working please help

Geocache Route not working please help

Ok, I've tried several times with no luck. I have a route in Google Earth from
    Russellville, AR to Branson, MO. If you try this and you upload your route it will look fine in the preview. Once you save it, it turns and heads towards greers ferry lake. If you look on the geocaching.com website, there is one that is shared from dardanell to branson and it looks the same. I tried both the "directions" (auto route) in google earth and I manually created my route and saved it as a kmz file. Both had the same results. Would someone please see if this works or if there is a bug in the route tool on Geocaching.com's site.

Thanks for trying. If you actually get it to work please share your route so I can find it.

I ran several routes for our recent vacation and found the preview was only correct about half the time. The pocket query created from the routes was always accurate. Just ignore the preview and create the query, it should work fine.

I created a public route from Russellville to Branson. It should be available if you click on our profile. I ran a PQ from it and it worked fine, even though mine showed the same preview as yours.

Don't forget to change the file to .kml.

Rich
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Rich is right. Per chance someone can figure out a way to over-ride the route chosen by Nav-Tec from point A-B. It is rarely the route I wish to take.

So it should be correct even though it don't "look" like it.