Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stat bar in signature

User permissions have been updated to allow non-voting members to have images in their signatures. You standard BB-code to do so.

jasonddickerson Guest
    Thanks kcackler! If I remember correctly, you enabled Allow HTML and Allow IMG BB Code. Once you enabled, allow HTML, it allowed me to past the HTML code directly from the geocaching.com site. However, I have traslated it to the form [URL*=XXX][IMG*]YYY[/IMG*][/URL*] as you seem to prefer it. If this is not correct, please let me know. I didn't mean for you to change the default of the site or anything. Ironically, I registered as a voting member right before I saw this. I could see changing it back, and then updating the signature FAQ to say only for registered voting members.

Thanks again,

Jason

We prefer the use of BB-Code, as rogue HTML can (and has) screwed up the forum layout in the past.

No worries on enabling signatures for all registered users. It should have been set like that in the first place.

drmo913 Guest
    wow! that last exchange lost me!
    -impressive!

Yeah. WAY over my head for sure.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

jasonddickerson Guest
    Cool kcackler. That being the case you should be able to disable the "Allow HTML" feature in signatures. This is already disabled for forum posts, but could still be slipped in a signature and cause the problem you describe.

drmo913 and thefab5willisclan, not that complicated if you can read code. The a-ref in html equates to the [URL*=][/URL*]" BBcode (minus the asterisks), and the img src in HTML equates to the [IMG][/IMG] BB-code. In this way, you can translate the HTML code that you get from geocaching.com into workable BB-code. HTML can do most anything it wants, ie screw up the web page layout, or do something otherwise malicious. BB-code is far more restrictive, and thus safer. This is quite common on bulletin boards. I even saw that the BB-code HTML and BB-code IMG were disabled for my signature, but just didn't put 2 and 2 together. It was really late that night.

drmo913, if you want your stats bar in your signature, just let me know. I can teach you quite easily.

Thanks,

Jason
    Last edited by jasonddickerson; 10-19-2011 at 12:05 AM.

drmo913 Guest
    I think I figured out how to do it, but I'm pretty sure I've done it in the non-preferred format. Verification? Changes that need to be made?

It looks good Morgan.

Jason - HTML in signatures is turned on specifically so people don't have to translate from the GC supplied HTML into BB-code. We are a small member base, so when issues do arise, it's a non-issue to correct them.

drmo913 Guest
    Thanks Cackler