Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first plundered cache

rock_hound Guest
    We had one of our caches plundered last week http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-753d357f5466. Woodwalker9 tried to find it this weekend. The cache has up to seven stages depending on what coordinates you pick. Apparently stage one was plundered. Most of us would have probably given up at that point, right. Not Woodwalker, he apparently searched (without GPSr) and found the remains of another plundered stage of the cache. Woodwalker picked the correct coordinates and found the touchdown cache!!!!! My hats off to you Woodwalker! This is my first plundered cache. I am not giving up. I plan on repairing this one and maybe hiding stage one a little better.[/url]

Team Rock Hound, I need to be perfectly honest here. The truth is, I was just too darn stubborn to give up. Like an old bull dog that gets a hold and won't let go. It was by pure chance that I found the card from the other stage with the correct coordinates. It could have just as easily blown away and I could have come away with a no find. No great feat here.

I am so glad that you are replacing it. I look forward to hunting this one again when it's back up so that I can experience the full enjoyment of making the touchdown. This is an excellent idea for a cache and one that I'm sure will be near the top of everyone's list of favorites. Thank you for all the initial hard work in placing it and also for the work involved in replacing it.

Phantom_491 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodwalker9
    This is an excellent idea for a cache and one that I'm sure will be near the top of everyone's list of favorites. Thank you for all the initial hard work in placing it and also for the work involved in replacing it.
    I suggested this idea for the cache we placed up in Sallisaw OK for the event there, but instead settled on a traditional 5 stage multi.

the one in Sallisaw is still waiting to be approved.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

rock_hound Guest
    Actually, I stole the idea for this cache from one in El Dorado called Batter Up. As you may guess it has a baseball theme with three bases and a home plate.