Thread: sayitagain featured in DemGaz

sayitagain featured in DemGaz

Check out the High Profile section of the May 20th issue of the Arkansas Democrat Gazette. A very nice article about one of our own - sayitagain. Nice to see you getting the recognition, Jim. Kudos on 30 years of a job well done! STW

nonnipoppy Guest
    We did not see the article but we think Jim is a super guy and we are glad he was recognized......congratulations.

nonni and poppy

Spanky, you beat me to it!

This was a great article about sayitagain. It was nice to see the smiling face of a fellow geocacher in the Dem-Gaz, but more than that, it was nice to see a good man get some recognition for his efforts. Keep up the good work, Jim!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

My congratulations as well to Jim on receiving this well deserved recognition. I have seen Jim in action promoting parks and geocaching and it's good to see that he is being honored for that effort. Way to go Jim.

Thanks for all the nice compliments. I never really thought that I would ever be a High Profile candidate. I guess each of us want to leave some sort of leagacy and I was fortunate enough to be in a position to help bring Riverfest to the point it is today. I thought they did a good job on the article but was dissapointed that they did not mention the one thing that I kept emphasising. This festival would not happen without the hundreds of volunteers and sponsors who invest their time money and effort into making this event a reality year after year as well as the thousands of people that flock to the banks of the Arkansas River in downtown Little Rock and North Little Rock each Memorial Day weekend. It also invloves representatives from almost every city department in both cities working together to help pull it off. Whenever you get the chance be sure and stop in Riverfront park and look for the special "Mr Riverfest" cache that my sons Tony (aka maumellean) and Jeffrey (aka sicksooie) placed over the Memorial Day weekend and share your Riverfest memories as you log it. Sayitagain