Thread: Dumb question ?

Dumb question ?

Is Scott county in NW or SW Arkansas. I think I'm in the middle of nowhere. Ever seen Deliverance

I vote for Northwest. By the way, if you hear banjo music, run like H#%@ !! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

cachemates Guest
    According to my old version of microsoft streets and trips. Waldron is 139 miles from Texarkana. It is 138 miles to the Missouri Line. I guess it depends on where you live in Waldron, whether you are in Northwest or Southwest. I think you are a In-betweener.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Do you hear a pig squealing?

I ran into this while scouting some locations today. It was around dusk is why it seems so blurry. I tried t brighten it a little but it's still not so good. The lateness only heightened my need to move along! And yes, I could have sworn that I heard distant banjo music! Didn't wait for the squealing pig.

Quote Originally Posted by stu22321
    And yes, I could have sworn that I heard distant banjo music! Didn't wait for the squealing pig.
    I need to remind you that in "Deliverance", it wasn't a pig that was squealing! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Oh. Yeah. I forgot about that part (shudder). Maybe one of these days they'll make a motion picture about Arkansas that doesn't portray everyone as ignorant. But I doubt it. I actually attended a seminar about what was called "regional bias" and how to deal with the preconceived notions people have about Arkansas. It's not like everyone goes out with their cousin! Well, there was that one Thanksgiving (KIDDING!!)