Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Your DNF Ratio?

What's Your DNF Ratio?

To find your DNF Ratio, visit your "My Geocaching" log page and click on the "Didn't Find It" and "Found It" links to get your total number of logs for each. (The number will be near the top of the page and will say "x Results") Now divide your total number of Found-It logs by your total number of DNF logs to get your DNF Ratio.

For example, we have 60 DNFs logs and 369 Found-It logs. So:
    369 / 60 = 6.15

That means we average a DNF about every 6 finds. Pretty sad, isn't it? This came to my attention last weekend, when we had a record SIX DNF logs in one day.

What's your DNF ratio?

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Q Guest
    I had 2 no finds one day. Was wondering until I got back to the computer and learned that one was missing and one had bad coords.

Most of our DNFs are simply on the try again list. I have a long way to go to start comparing numbers with you guys tho... with a whopping 30 finds. More caches in the area would help. And the kids don't like micros. No swag... No deal.

I have 35 DNF logs and 798 finds so that comes to 1 DNF to 23 finds. That number could be lower but I have had a few times I have logged a DNF more than once on the same cache. I have noticed that in the past year I have not had as many DNF's. Either I'm getting better or the caches are getting easier.

flannelman Guest
    I had 207 finds vs 34 DNF's. Came out to 6.08. That is a neat statistic.

I have 439 finds and 21 dnf's and I got one today. that gives me a 20.9 average. I think I did the math right. Thanks, I didn't know that you could see your dnf's until I read this thread.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

kittzle Guest
    154/13 = 11.8!!!

7 of my DNF's are still DNF's, although 2 were archived and will always be

Our ratio is 1145/66 or 17.4 finds for every DNF.

Of course this only works if you log all your DNFs. We have a cache that gets a lot of logs that say it took two or three trys to find, yet the DNF logs seem to be missing.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

nonnipoppy Guest
    Really high by myself.....much better with nonni........super when caching in a group...overall 12.59.....poppy

11.6,not so bad for a newb! Thanks for the neat statistical info.

jacksonb Guest
    My raw score is 514/62=8.29.

However, I have personally developed subcategories of DNFs. In my book, there is a difference between a cache that wasn't there because it had been muggled and a cache that I just couldn't find. I shouldn't be penalized if the cache wasn't there.

You have to do a little follow up work to be able to track this. Any DNF I log also goes on my watch list. If someone comes along behind me and finds it, I know I had a real DNF. But if there are more DNFS, and the owner eventually logs maintenance or archives the cache, then I know it wasn't me not looking in the right place.

If you apply my rule, then my 62 DNFs drops to 39 and my adjusted ratio is 13.18.