Thread: The Amazing Race and GPSr episode

The Amazing Race and GPSr episode

I watched the television show "The Amazing Race" tonight and there was some GPSr fun on it.

Teams were at a military base in Guam and one team member had to use a GPSr to find a pilot that was hidden somewhere. When they found the pilot the pilot would type in some new coords for them to then find a LZ to be picked up and taken back to the start of the task to get their clue to go to the next location in the race.

I had a good laugh watching some of them with the GPSr and keep wanting to say "Hey give that thing here and let me show you".

I just wonder how well one team might have done over another at the task if there had been some cachers involved!

paris1time

I watched it also and thought how easy it would be for us cachers. Funny part was that they would get to the coordinates and not see the pilot in the exact spot the GPS said was ground zero. Nobody thought to look 10 feet to the side.

The GPS's were set up for them on the 'map' screen. They weren't allowed to change to the 'pointer' screen, if they even knew how.

Poppy will be glad to know they were using Garmins
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Quote Originally Posted by The_Griswolds
    Poppy will be glad to know they were using Garmins
    Yeah I noticed that the GPSrs were Garmin Rinos

paris1time