Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did You Choose Your Username?

How Did You Choose Your Username?

Gaddiel is a biblical name, a leader from one of original 12 tribes of Israel. The name means "sent of God".

OrangeDanish (my wife) chose her username because she loves those canned Pillsbury orange danishes. I told her, "Hey, I love pork rinds. Maybe that should have been my username!" Who knows? Maybe one day we'll be known as PorkRind and OrangeDanish?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Squirrel21309 Guest
    How i got my username is, Squirrel is my nickname. Dont ask. My friends came up with it. and 2 is my lucky #. 13 is the day of my birth. and 09 is the year i graduate. Which comes together and makes Squirrel21309

~Squirrel21309~

RuffRidr Guest
    I've got a '91 Jeep Wrangler. It has the leaf springs as opposed to the newer coil springs. It is not a comfortable ride to say the least. So when I was joining the Jeep forums a couple of years ago, I was looking for a nickname that fit my Jeep. RuffRidr is what I came up with. I kinda liked it so I started using it for other forums as well.

--RuffRidr

cachecrazies Guest
    We did the usual thing of kicking around different names to use when signing up for gc.com You know, cache, cacher, hider, hiker, etc. - what fits? We've both been accused of being a little weird (if not downright crazy) and liked the alliteration of cachecrazies. The avatar - we're also a little bananas!

We certainly have been over geocaching!

Well, I think my name just speaks for itself. But these days I am torn between 2 things. I don't know if I'd rather be hiking or caching now. It's a tough choice but one I think I can handle.

Rusty_da_dog Guest
    Ok, I posted this at the end of my reply about why I got into geocaching, but my name is Rusty_da_dog because I have a miniature dachshund (weenie dog if you prefer) and he was named after my favorite nascar driver Rusty Wallace. Usually when I am out with my wife and stepson I sign the logs Rusty's Crew otherwise if it's just me its Rusty Da Dog.
    Cya on the trails,
    Rusty

GEO Guest
    Well GEO means The Earth, or of the Earth. or geographical
    * Star any of many luminous celestial bodies seen as points of light in the sky etc.
    Trailblazer one who blazes a trail, or a pioneer in any field.

The Earthbound luminous body, blazing a trail back to the # 1.

chili36 Guest
    I just stick with my trail name. I got it during a hike in the Big Bend of Texas in the Chisos Mountains. I was 36, recently divorced and sporting a chili pepper tattoo.

I has also recently won the Tennessee and North Carolina state chili cooking championship and had placed second in Arkansas and Mississippi.

My school district was just getting into the internet/email craze when I chose my id for them. I've always been "into" cats and wanted kitty, kitty, kitty or kitty3 but all those id's were taken on yahoo at the time. Someone suggested Top Cat, a cartoon. I thought that sounded weird, but top kitty was okay. I tell my kids in class that I run a modified monarchy, that I am the queen but I do accept input and votes on things. but I will NOT be the top dog, but the top kitty is okay. The 98 came from a big school district award I won in 98. Topkitty was taken, but not topkitty98.

Long story (as usual for me) SORRY!

topkitty98
    >^..^<

Geoark1 Guest

How Did You Choose Your User Name

We were the first to post to gc.com from ARkansas way back, geo=earth; 1/2 of geoark1 used to teach science; and we use aol sometimes..just geoark was taken so we added the 1.

Probably the best reason was the cute "ark" avatar that we could put the prefix "geo" on the side of it The GeoARK.