Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon!! Flannelman's May expedition.

This question is right up my alley since one of my favorite things to do besides hiking and caching is eating. There are only a few choices for breakfast in Russellville besides the usual fast food. My favorites are Ryans, Cracker Barrel , and Stoby's. There are a couple of other smaller places; Robinson House Buffet, and the The Old South Restaurant. I provided a link to a couple of menus below. Stoby's is a very unique restaurant with really good food and service. Robinson House Buffet is a very small place but has great homecooked food. The Old South is one of those old style diners with great food. Just thought I would give you a few ideas to chew on. OOPS pun intended!!! I'm looking forward to it. If you need me to make some calls to get a place with some space when we know how many are coming just let me know.

Cracker Barrel http://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu-break ... doc_id=887

Stoby's http://www.stobys.com/rest/menus/breakfast.asp

I'll see if I can get out and hide a few new caches around town before then to give some of the folks that have already found all the others something to do. I just posted this note because I noticed that my last one put me at 99 so this is now post number 100 for me. Another milestone!!! Maybe while everyone is here we can tackle Old River Runner's Main Street cache as a group. I have never been able to figure out all of the math on that one to be able to complete the find.

I second the breakfast recommendation for either Cracker Barrel or Stoby’s. Cracker Barrel would probably be better because it is easier to get to at Exit 81, will serve you faster and can sit a large group easier (plus we have a cache hidden there).

Stoby’s is also a good choice for lunch, along with Smoothie’s Café (new place on West Main) and of course Whattaburger. This is not the Whattaburger chain, but a stand alone restaurant across from Arkansas Tech. The half order of fries is more than enough for one person.

We are also going to try to get some new caches out before you head this way.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

flannelman Guest
    I always like a Cracker Barrel breakfast but I'm open to either. It really depends on the turnout I guess. What time do those places open?? The sooner we can meet the better I think. That way we can get in as much caching as possible and maybe beat the breakfast crowd too. I will probably need some coords for wherever we decide in order to post the event cache so if someone in the area could e-mail them to me I'd appreciate it. I'll need to finalize the plans by Thursday night to post the meet and greet. Thanks in advance for you help and attendance.

I wasn't aware that Ryan's served breakfast, but that may be a better choice, since it's buffet style and folks may be arriving at different times. Also, you may be able to get one of the back rooms as a "private" room for the group. I don't know what time they open, so maybe irbh can fill in the blanks.

Cracker Barrel would be a better place than Stoby's, IMHO. Although Stoby's has a great breakfast, their service has declined over the last few years (i.e., SLOOWWWW!) so we've stopped eating there as often. Cracker Barrel, on the other hand, ALWAYS has good service. The only problem is the timing of folks arriving for the "meet and greet" and the lack of a private area to gather and talk.

Stoby's and Cracker Barrell open at 6 AM. I don't know about Ryan's. -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Here are the coordinates for Off Your Rocker in Russellville Arkansas which is hidden at Cracker Barrel:
    N 35° 18.209 W 093° 08.000

If you plan on spending the night, be aware that May 18th is graduation night for Russellville HS and the motels might be fuller than usual.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

photojunky Guest
    Being a virgin at this, I am looking forward to getting with some people who are not. I will do what I can to make the meet, and as far as voting on where, I agree with Ryan's, more room, and not pushed to leave so everyone can show up. My old garmin gave up the ghost, so now am tied to my laptop, but it fits nicely in my backpack, so don't have a problem with that. Hope you don't mind a newby tagging along with someone.

flannelman Guest
    Ryan's is fine with me but I need someone to get me the opening time and, more importantly, the coords for the parking lot so I can post the event tonight or tomorrow.

Newbies are always welcome!! There will be more than enough GPSr's there, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm looking forward to getting togather with everyone and talking about some caching.

If I can get the event posted I'll even throw in a stocked ammo can to give away. I'll just have to come up with some way to determine the winner!!

Ryan's opens at 7:30 on Saturdays and the coords for the parking lot are N35 16.712 W093 06.185.

flannelman Guest
    Thanks for the info. I'll post the event and see if it gets approved.