Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon!! Flannelman's May expedition.

flannelman Guest

Coming Soon!! Flannelman's May expedition.

Well it's time to start planning the next great expedition. You never know what you will encounter along the trail. We have seen many interesting things at the last two expeditions and I'm sure there will be many more!!

Here is a short list of things we have run across on previous expeditions:

Neat rock formations,
    Crystal clear streams,
    High moutains,
    Bigfoot,
    Sadistic cache containers,
    Awesome wildflowers,
    Aliens from Alpha Centauri,
    Cool geocoins,
    Wild travel bugs,
    and
    Flying fish.

Be sure to join up with the May expedition because you never know what we'll see next!!

I'm ready to go. Just let me know when and where.

flannelman Guest
    Ok, let's get some plans out there. I have had several requests to go after the next Arkansas tourisim cache and I think that is a good idea. I have also had several requests to hold a meet and greet event followed by the expedition and I also think that is a good idea. Due to not knowing where the tourisim cache will be next(not even the area in the state), I think I'll plan a meet and greet and then we can go on an expedition after that. Either way I like to have everything set up at least a week in advance. I have to work this weekend so that is quite obviously out,not to mention it's too late to plan one for this weekend. There is the option of next weekend, May 12 or May 19, or May 26. In order to have a meet and greet it has to be posted a week ahead of time so if we want to go next weekend then I need to know now. The 26th is Memorial day weekend. I'm fine with that too. And don't forget Mother's day is this month too. Give me some input on this and I'll get it set up. I'm thinking of doing breakfast meet and greet and then go on the expedition afterward for those interested. I'm looking at the Russellville area for the next expedition. There are a lot of caching oppertunities in that area.

Lemme know what ya think and I'll get it posted.

It doesn't really make a difference to me but I think we might have a better turnout if it is the 19th since the weekend of the 12th is Mother's Day. I like the idea of having a meet and greet beforehand since I may not be able to do any hiking by then since I seem to have damaged my knee again. Looking forward to it. Hopefully I can get my knee back in shape enough to participate. Thansk for putting these together FlannelMan.

cachemates Guest
    Flannelman, the 19th sounds like a good choice for us. We will be looking forward to it. Russellville has a lot of caches we haven't found. What ever date is selected we will try to make it.

I already have a hiking trip planned for the 19th with my church's outdoor adventure group (and I'm leading the hike). Plus, I believe I've found all the Russellville caches! :P However, if the breakfast is early enough, I might be able to join the group for some socializing before I meet up with my church group. -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

flannelman Guest
    I'd like to get an early start since it will be a bit warmer by then. What is a good place for breakfast in Russellville? The 19th will be the day. I have some other things I need to do the 12th. I'll see about getting a meet and greet event posted as soon as I get a place to meet lined out. I'll try to get a bookmark list out there too. It seems to make the hunt a little easier for me that way.

19th sounds good to me. Russellville is reasonably close with many caches to be found. Early is okay also. Need any assistance?? Thanks for the concept and organizing efforts. Count me in.

If nothing happens between now and then, I will be there on the 19th. I love caching in Russellville. Thanks flannelman for putting this together.

Phantom_491 Guest
    If I can round up the Hartman gang, We'll try to be there.