Thread: Summer camp young teen activity..help?

Q Guest

Summer camp young teen activity..help?

I am organizing a short, 3 day camp for our church. July 5,6 and 7. I was looking for an outdoor type activity for the young teens. We did a climbing wall one year that was a huge sucess. Anyone know any info on the challenge type courses that push teamwork and make 'em use they little brains? Any links, someone to talk to, ideas, anything?

RugerPilot345 Guest
    The timeframe may be a little short notice this year but there is an excellent camp in Arkadelphia (Camp Winnamocka) with full accomodations and they will do as much or as little as you want for your group; sleeping accomodations, meals, ROPES courses , water activities , etc.....give them a look on the web!!

http://www.winnamocka.com/

Hope this helps some......good luck!! Also there used to be some pretty good programs offered at Camp Ferndale 4-H Camp out in West Little Rock/Ferndale area.....been a long time since I went there.

Cool!! (AKA RP345)

Don't know if this is what you had in mind, but there is also a brand new challenge course at the Heifer Ranch, near Perryville. Not sure if it's available for public use, though. I guess you would just have to call them to find out. From their web site:

"The Ranch’s high challenge course includes four connected elements: a two-line bridge, a multi-line vine, island hopping and a catwalk. To reach the top, participants climb an access tower that resembles a climbing wall but has the ease of climbing a ladder. After completing the four elements, participants descend the course down the zipline. The course was designed to have up to 17 people actively participating at one time and will take a single participant approximately 20 minutes to complete."

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

flannelman Guest
    I went to the adventure cahllenge camp at the 4-H center 3 or 4 years in a row and it was great. They did a lot of team building excercies and had a great ropes course. I'm not sure if it is open for any other camps. It is a reallynice facility.

The Paris High School (479) 963-2247 has a Ropes Course for Teamwork and probably even has the instructors to complete the course.

I could only suggest that you call the number I have listed and ask because I am not sure.

paris1time