Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NWA Active Cachers

NWA Active Cachers

So, who are the "active" cachers in the NWA area?

Do you cache at least once a week?

We plan on hiding many more caches in the future. What type of hides do you as an NWA cacher like? Dislike?

We'd like to hear from you. We came from an area where there were dozens of people who cached often and got together almost as often.

So far, that's one of the few things we miss about where we came from.

Michael and Rhonda (*TnT*)

geowoodstock Guest
    I just had to laugh a little at this...I was checking the forums as I have not been on here in a long time. When I came across this one and found that NO ONE had replied to it yet, I gave a little chuckle!!

I guess that could answer your question as to who are the "active cachers."

My answer...I cache when I can, which is not often enough. But please, please place as many caches as you. I love to be able to find several in the general vincity with each other since gas prices just keep going up!!

kittzle Guest
    Some days I forget to scroll down to look at the regions section :P

I'm a Fayetteville cacher, I cache as the mood strikes me, LOL. I'm not fond of caching all by myself, so I usually only cache when I can drag someone with me, or borrow the wild husky pup for an outing on a trail.

So Hi!
    -Jenn

OB1kenOB Guest
    I am in Bentonville.
    I like to cache at least a couple times a month.
    the perfect cache has decent parking from a paved road, and is half a mile or more down a trail next to something unique.

Hi!
    My family and I cache as often as possible. At least once a week. Usually more often. We have four children so we tend to hunt the more engaging caches rather than park and grabs. I also enjoy hunting benchmarks. We're more on the boundary of NW and SW Arkansas but always look forward to meeting people. Welcome

theflyingburritos Guest
    I'm in Fayetteville and cache when I can, either when traveling for my job or with my family. However, I have two young kids. So, caching with the 5 year old is great, but the one year old and husband (who will go but doesn't love it like I do) slow me down.

With the family (or just the 5 year old), I hunt anything that doesn't require too long of a hike. The kids like to find containers holding some treasure. When I'm on my own, I'll look for anything - micro, multi, traditional.... I just like the challenge.

geowoodstock Guest
    I am pretty much in the same boat as you theflyingburritos. I love geocaching, the hubby likes it but not like I do! The kids...well....they will go if they have to. My 5 year old loves it though!!!

Maybe someday this summer when we are in NWA we can hook up and find some caches together!!

It is nice to hear about others who do the shorter hikes, caches with goodies, etc because of kids!!!

kittzle Guest
    I think you two need to call me and we'll have a girls only caching day, LOL. I don't particularly like going by myself, and I can't always convince something to go with me. So I don't go near as much as I'd like to.

Yea I'm here in Fort Smith and in Fay,Springdale, Rogers and Bentonville 4 days a week
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!