ArkGeo Meets with Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism
On March 15, 2006, two representatives from the Arkansas Geocachers Association Board of Directors were invited to meet with the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism to discuss the "Cache In with the Natural State" program. Max Slaughter (nonnipoppy) and Wayne Lunsford (Gaddiel) of ArkGeo attended the meeting.
The purpose of the meeting was to further develop and improve the "Cache In with the Natural State" program for 2007. Items that were discussed included:
- Feedback regarding the existing three sites.
- Ways to improve future cache placements.
- Procedures for testing caches before they go "live".
- Getting local geocachers involved in placing caches in State Parks.
- Types of caches to be hidden, containers, locations, difficulty, etc.
After the meeting, a few of the Parks and Tourism employees joined the ArkGeo staff for an impromptu cache hunt.
The Board would like to report that the meeting was both informative and productive. We were honored to have been invited to be part of this meeting and to make new acquaintances while there.
Board of Directors
Arkansas Geocachers Association