Thread: Branson Must See Caches

rock_hound Guest

Branson Must See Caches

Team Rock Hound, Gaddiel & OrangeDanish and family are taking a trip to Branson this weekend. Are there any must see caches in the Branson / Springfield area?

Thanks

Phantom_491 Guest

Branson Caches

Cache Houdini in Branson is a good one, and jus up the street a little bit is Branson Stumper (Be careful of Muggles on this one). There's a few along 65 between Branson & Springfield that I didn't get a chance to find, but looked interesting. In Springfield, Make sure to do A Walk in the park night cache. Take the cachepage with you as you need it to figure out the final coordinates.

Other than those few I haven't had much of a chance to cache in the Springfield/Branson area.

I do know there's a couple virtuals in Silver Dollar City that I haven't done yet, but sound like fun.

cachecrazies Guest
    We've done most of the Branson caches and they're lots of fun, you'll have a good time with them!

Depending on how much time you have:

These take a little bit of hiking but are fantastic - Ozark Walk in the Park and Lakeside Forest Wilderness (both in the same park) and Dewey Bald is a great view!

Lil One and other small ones will like:

Dixie School House, New Adventure, Get to the Point and Geocache - all are pretty easy. Houdini is easy terrain - but one of a kind and not to be missed! Rose's Bonniebrook is just north of Branson and shouldn't be missed for Lil One. It's the home of the Kewpie Doll and has a museum (and gulp, gift shop) open 9-4 on Saturday. You can still do the cache on Sunday but I think she'd like the dolls. 3 O'Clock high is a drive-by virtual you can do from the car.

If you go east of Branson to Forsyth, Tombstone Pizza is great and Cache with a View is close by and easy.

Springfield is a whole different story - depends on how much time you have. One of our favorites is Stamp out Drought but there are so many good ones that it would be hard to pick. We've gone back for multiple weekends - and there's still more to do! A Walk in the Park has got to be our favorite!

I know there's lots that I've missed but there's so many great ones there that it's hard to not leave some out! thinking, thinking!

WOW!! Thanks for the great information, guys! Cachecrazies, I'm glad you thought to request some for Lil' One and Tadpole K. Not sure if they'll be with us for the caching, but if they are, we will be sure to hit those you suggested. Heck, we might anyways...

We will also be dropping off some Jeep TBs up there, if we find some traditional caches.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

I just got back from Silver Dollar City and the caches there were nothing to talk about and there were only 2 in the park. We did not get to do much caching got up there at almost midnight and was at the park AAAAALLLLLLL day then headed back. When you go thru Harrison there are a few you might as well get them.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Geoark1 Guest

Branson Must See Caches

Branson and area is good for hunting and finding caches. We spent 3 days there, never went to SDC, not a show and certainly did not do any shopping. We have done this 2 times. Steve and Mary Brown of Kansas City, who have an ARkansas connection have some interesting caches in the area.

Fall of 01 was probably the most fun and interesting. We were followed by a Missouri State Trooper while scaling one of the dynamited mesas that made way for a highway. Playing dodge em in the woods not far from that dam site with a Taneycomo County Deputy Sheriff. He just kept following and parking too close for comfort. I quickly got out hid in the woods to find a 2 stage cache while other 1/2 of geoark1 got out with the binos to look at the construction in the area. That is where those FRS radios with at least 5 mile range come in handy. I had to stay in the woods for a long while and bushwhack out the back way when other 1/2 said he was leaving.

Cache Houdini, unique and a must find! The owners of CH have an ARkansas connection as well. 3 o'clock high. Go visit Mary of Busiek one of Jeepers' and Galphoto's, in fact any of theirs as a team or of either as single owners. Just remember clear water runs deep! On the 21st ask other 1/2 at what depth does a radio, cell phone, and camera cease to be functional.

rock_hound Guest

Re: Branson Must See Caches

Quote Originally Posted by Geoark1
    Playing dodge em in the woods not far from that dam site with a Taneycomo County Deputy Sheriff. He just kept following and parking too close for comfort. I quickly got out hid in the woods to find a 2 stage cache while other 1/2 of geoark1 got out with the binos to look at the construction in the area. That is where those FRS radios with at least 5 mile range come in handy. I had to stay in the woods for a long while and bushwhack out the back way when other 1/2 said he was leaving.
    Did you pass your stash to the cache?