PDA

View Full Version : Loop trail cache runs

ARWindstalker
03-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Yesterday I did the Spadra Creek Nature Trail in Clarksville and nabbed 16 caches along the 2.6 mile loop. I have recently setup a series on the Lee Creek Trails just north of Van Buren where there are 8 and 2 more in the works. I like to be able to grab several caches while hiking along a trail. Does any one know of other trail loops that are worth-while?? I'm gonna attempt a bookmark list of these.

kittzle
03-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Cardinal just did a series around Lake Wilson in South Fayetteville that was just published a few days ago. Little lake out in the middle of no where, but a great trail! Check out GC11QHZ for the bonus to the other 6.

Have been other caches on that trail too, and my favorite one was archived because they determined it to be on private property... Hope to see it back again!

topkitty98
03-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Jonesboro - tech_guy has an excellent series around the Craighead Forest Lake (I think it's called) trail. I believe most in the series is called Loop the Lake. Then he's started an outer loop series, too. These are excellent hides in a beautiful area. Loop the Lake has one of Arkansas' oldest surviving caches close to it also - Off the Beaten Path. Tech -Guy has great caches up in his neck of the woods.

Geezer_Veazey
03-30-2007, 07:29 PM
The Bona Dea Trail System (Russellville) is a great set of trails. Mostly flat and an easy "improved" walking surface. There are several caches along the trails including a members-only mystery cache.

idratherbehiking
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Don't forget the Boy Scout Trail at Petit Jean State Park which has 12 caches in the series and several others in the area. This is a 12 mile trail so you want to be prepared to spend a whole day doing this one. The fastest I ever hiked this trail was just under 6 hours and that was without stopping to find caches along the way. There is plenty to see and photograph along the way in this beautiful area.

jacksonb
04-01-2007, 10:06 PM
My sister-in-law, JJED, along with a few other family members, has created a series of caches in Williford. There are currently 30 caches in this small town in Sharp County, but I hear there are plans for more.

Williford is where my wife's grandparents live and there is not much there to attract folks to come to the town. JJED had the great idea that a series of geocaches around town would bring people there, let them see the town and learn a little history.

I think it's working because I know several geocachers have traveled to Williford to do the series. If you only like geocaches that are long hikes through the woods to a spectacular view, then this series is probably not for you. If you like going places that you would have never otherwise gone except for geocaching, then you may enjoy the trip. If you are a numbers player, then the opportunity to get 30+ caches in a short amount of time should really appeal to you.