PDA

View Full Version : Server outage

LongDogs
02-18-2007, 08:25 PM
I apologize for the recent server outage that cause the site to be unavailable. Our hosting service is looking into the cause of the problem, but so far have not provided a satisfactory answer. It was not a problem with any of the web site data or code, but with the server hosting itself. Furthermore, the error given was misleading, since it reported a tomcat error. This site does not run on a tomcat server, but directly under apache using php and mysql with the phpNuke package.

Again, my apologies for the extended outage. There was nothing I could do except wait for the hosting company to sort out the issue with their server. :(

LongDogs
02-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Ok, the site is back up, but some things are still broken, including some images not showing up. I'm working with our hosting provider to figure out why. They apparently upgraded their server OS and apache software over the weekend, and it didn't go well, causing several problems.

LongDogs
02-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I think everything is sorted out and working better now. Please if you get any errors or see anything that looks wrong, drop me a note so I can take a look at it.