PDA

View Full Version : Help with a travel bug

Lauri
01-18-2007, 02:09 PM
I received one of the Unite for Diabetes travel bugs in the mail recently. I've never found one before so this was my first experience with them at all on gc.com.

When I received it I logged it as "discovered it" and haven't had a chance to place it in a cache until today. I went to a cache I had already found before.

I am having a problem in trying to log it now, despite reading the pages on tb's on gc.com.

When I go to the cache listing to try and log a note, I'm able to do that, but I don't see anywhere that lists the TB's in my inventory. However I do find the TB in my lits of "TB's I have found."

I'm thinking I did something wrong when I initially logged it as "discovered" but I'm unable to log the TB again because I do not have the tracking number.

Anyway -- it's in Hot Springs in "A Tranquil Place" GCV1QK if any locals want to go grab it and log it and help me out! Thanks! :D

Spice
01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
For the TB to be in your inventory you will have to "Retrieve it" when logging the TB. The TB then should show up at the bottom of a log entry for you to highlight and drop off in the cache that you are posting a note to.

Hope this helps.

paris1time

cachemates
01-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Lauri,
I think the TB number is posted in your log. Check it out. My mistake, wrong number. I will go by and check on the cache and get the number. Maybe tommorrow.

Lauri
01-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks! Yes, I think how I logged it originally is not allowing it to show up in my inventory.

cachemates, I'm going to be driving right by it after work today so I'll go check the number, too, and get it logged in properly! :D

Lauri
01-23-2007, 10:57 AM
I finally got over there today and got the tracking number. Got it logged correctly and it now shows up in the cache.

Thanks for your help, everyone! :D

I'm excited as I will be placing some other new travel bugs this week in local Hot Springs caches.