PDA

View Full Version : It's a small world after all!

Spice
11-20-2006, 10:31 PM
I just had to share this geocaching story. It is one of those I will remember for a very long time and is one of those that makes geocaching so great (at least for me).

My wife (ddkds) and I were taking our kids to Dallas this past weekend to see Miley Cyrus (aka Hannah Montana) in concert.

We wanted to do some geocaching along the route and pick up a few caches in Oklahoma and Texas.

We traveled down 31 in Oklahoma and were getting some caches as we approached McAlester, OK.

I was turning onto a road where my GPSr was pointing toward a cache ( GCZ0T0 Catfish Cache) (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c7a3d506-df16-4a85-a11a-c6d58fe7afa2) and noticed that another vehicle coming from the other direction was pulling in also.

My mobile phone rang at about that time and I was paying more attention to my phone call than those would be "muggles" that pulled in and were following me.

I finally just pulled over and finished my call real fast.

I noticed that the truck that pulled in just stopped behind me.

I was about to wave those muggles on by hoping they would move along and I would get out and look for the cache.

I was looking in my rearview mirror when I noticed that the front license plate appeared to say "Whitson Morgan" from Clarksville. I took a closer look as the vehicle began to pull by and it was none other than rklmbl!

We had a good laugh about what one was thinking about the other as we both showed up near the cache at the same time. It was really great that we were both in another state and a ways from home when we ran into each other.

We went and found the cache together and had a nice talk then went on our way. rklmbl went the way we had came and we went the way they had came. We found a couple of more caches that I noticed that they had signed just before us.

rklmbl was some of the first geocachers that my wife and I had the chance to meet and this really added to the geocaching experience.

Just thought I would share....

paris1time

Lostmontanan
12-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Ha, nice story. In the year I've been doing this I have only run into one other cacher, and that was Sixgun, here in Ft. Smith. He gave me a couple pointers about my GPSr and we went our seperate ways.

PS-How did you get your stats to show up as a sig?