PDA

View Full Version : Hot Springs area geocachers meet and greet.

flannelman
11-10-2006, 02:45 PM
I have been kicking around the idea of having a Hot Springs area geocachers meet and greet. This would not be a formal event posted on GC.com but just a get togather of area cachers. There are several new cachers around Hot Springs a I though it would be a good idea to get acquainted with each other. I'm looking at early to mid December at a local restaurant like Cracker Barrel or Ryan's. I want to leave it open for suggestion at this time though just to see how much interest there is. I'll probably have a couple of ammo cans of swag for door prizes but nothing elaborate. If we make it a breakfast deal then those who wish could make a cache run while in the area. There it is. I'll wait for some feedback and then see where to go from there.

Miam
11-10-2006, 03:56 PM
I would be interested in a get together with Geocachers, I'm new and am looking to hear from those who are in the know. Would like to learn from those with experience. Keep us posted on your plans.

cachemates
11-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Sounds like a great idea. We had to miss the meet and greet at Mt Harbor so we are looking forward to this one. If we can help in any way just let me know. I suggest Cracker Barrel because that would give us (Ark Geocachers) a chance to ask for permission to place a cache there. Cracker Barrel restaurants all across America have caches placed there, Why not Hot Spring?

cajunbat
11-13-2006, 09:24 PM
im in...as long as work allows...I can also get deals on hotel rooms and get us dinner at a reduced rate at a local resturaunt....if you want/ think of anything else that may be needed I may be able to make it happen!!! Just let me know!

flannelman
11-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Hey cajunbat, I think this is going to be more of a local event, but if someone wants to get a room then they could get with ya on that. I don't really have any planned events that would require an overnite stay.

Throw out some restaurant ideas and also which would be better, breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

What I would like to do get the area cachers togather to put names with faces and to talk caching. I will have a couple of ready to stash caches that everyone can throw their name in a hat for as door prizes(number of cache kits depends on the number of attendees) but beyond that I don't really have anything planned. Depending on the time we meet, I may organize a cache run.

This is still in the early stages of planning so any suggestions are welcome and encouraged.

Thanks for the offer on the discounts too. :D

arkansas_stickerdude
11-15-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm in. If there is anything I can do just let me know.

cajunbat
11-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Just to throw my other 2 cents in Sunday afternoon or evening would be better for me and everyone that I actually know irl around here that does the Geo.....

Lauri
11-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Well, as a very new geocacher (ok, ok, I haven't even started yet, but a friend in California has been encouraging me to do it for a couple of years and I'm going to buy a gps unit this week and try to find some caches over T'giving weekend) -- I would love to meet some other newbies and vets alike in Hot Springs.

For me, I have a typical 8-5 M-F work schedule. Only Monday nights are totally out during the week.

flannelman
11-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Keep the input coming!! In the next couple of weeks I'll have the plans a little more solid.

flannelman
11-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Ok. I'm looking at December 17th for the meet and greet. This is a Sunday afternoon. I would like to meet at Cracker Barrel at about 4pm. I plan on having some stocked ammo cans to give away. If you guys like this idea then I'll post an event cache so you all can log it.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Lauri
11-28-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm free that day and time. Sounds fun! :D

cajunbat
11-29-2006, 12:17 AM
im in....and will bring company such as Karr hot rod angel martymar_14...and others!!

Lauri
12-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Bump -- is this a go still?

flannelman
12-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Yes I still want to meet up. If you are planning to attent please let me know so I can inform the restaurant of how many. We will meet and you can dine if you choose(at own expense), or just visit. I'll need to call in a few days ahead of time to let them know how big our party will be.

I don't think I'll make this a loggable event, there just isn't enough time to do it justice. I will try to place a cache at the location however.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Lauri
12-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Cool! I'm in -- solo.

cachemates
12-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Looks like we are not going to be able to attend this meet and greet. Had looked forward to meeting some of the new cachers around Hot Springs. Maybe we can make the next one. Sorry. :(

cajunbat
12-11-2006, 11:28 PM
put my crew down for four I think that should do us

cajunbat
12-15-2006, 12:09 AM
just for fun myself and a couple of others are going to meet at 3pm @ GCZP7C Trailhead Caching, cant beat it alone, maybe with help we can log as many finds as there are DNF's Looking forward to early dinner with everyone and hope I do not offend with an late addition of this cache Flannel but talked to a couple of people and they said it would be neat.... sorry Zeke & George but I think we might get this very elusive cache this time!!!

cajunbat
12-15-2006, 12:13 AM
oh yeah...Zeke & George for some laughs at our expense come on down and watch us wander around for it.......

Lauri
12-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Sounds like a great plan! I'll try and make it over there at 3 myself. :D

flannelman
12-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Hey that sounds like a fun time. If I can I'll swing by there too. See everyone Sunday!!

Lauri
12-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Sorry I wasn't able to make the meet and greet! Hope you guys had a good time. :D

cajunbat
12-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Had a great time....glad to meet all whom attended...can't wait for the next one... and thank you flannelman for hosting and the hospitality!!!!!

flannelman
12-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey thanks to everyone who came out for this meet and greet!! It is always nice to meet fellow cachers and to talk caching. It is interesting to see how other people take on the caches that I have been too and to get first hand accounts of how they went after my hides. Hopefully we can make this a regular event. I will post who attended and the winners of the ready made caches soon. I just don't feel lke walking out the the car right now to get the info :D .

flannelman
01-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey here is a list of who attended the gathering and the winners of the stocked ammo cans. I know it's a little late but I haven't felt like doing anything but sleeping for the last two weeks. Here goes.

flannelman and family
treasurhuntr
Dirtypossum
Geohntress
Karr
Cajunbat
MartyMar14

The door prize winners were
treasurhntr small ammo can stocked with swag
Karr large ammo can stocked with swag

Thanks again to all who came out andhappy caching.