PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual JAKE'S Event

cachecrazies
08-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Short notice I know - but we've decided to do it again this year! 8O

Sept. 9, 2006 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Big Springs Park in Cotter - same place, same time as last year. See GCXZZW for details.

Yal'll come - we need all the help we can get! And we always have fun getting together!

Gaddiel
08-28-2006, 07:10 AM
I posted this news item on our home page.

BACKPACKNJACK
08-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Got cheap gas, new “cammoed cache containers“, will travel.

PS. Yes I do remember I wasn’t going to post for awhile but….. you combine a hyper old man on a rainy day, with a hyper fast new computer, announce another "Jake's Event" giving him an excuse to drive up to the mountains again, plus maybe/hopefully the opportunity to watch you try to drive more stakes through rocks using a mickey mouse little cabinet builders hammer??? :D I just had to do it.

See Ya!

Woodwalker9
08-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Cachecrazies,
That's great news. Good Lord willing, I'll be there. Just let me know what I need to do to help with any preparations.

For those who have never attended a Jake's Event, you've missed a great time. It is so rewarding helping others discover this great activity and seeing their faces when they find that "first" cache. Combine that with a day of visiting and talking caching with fellow cachers, and you have all the makings for a fantastic day. I can hardly wait.

woodwalker

cachemates
09-02-2006, 08:53 PM
If nothing happens we will be there. We had a great time last year, and I'm sure it will be even better this year. Remember the little cache on the park bench? I think every cacher there was looking for it at the same time. That was a good one.

cachecrazies
09-10-2006, 05:05 PM
:D Huge thanks to all of you that attended this event!

Because of you it was just fantastic! You didn't "help" at the event - you created the event!! And made it work so well! We had more kids & more cachers than ever before and everyone just jumped in and did whatever needed to be done! Sometimes we had trouble manning the tent because everyone was out on a cache run with the kids!

Everyone ended up exhausted - but well satisfied with the job we did! Besides a smiley face you should all have warm fuzzies knowing how good you were!