PDA

View Full Version : City of Malvern

08-22-2006, 10:37 AM
The city of Malvern has decided it is okay to hide caches in their parks with a permit from the Malvern Street Dept. (they also oversee parks)
I currently have one pending GC review and one pending approval of the park dept before I post it to GC.

This project is still in it's infancy and the dept head is still a little leary of the concept but decided to go ahead with it, so if you want to hide one there make it worthwhile and don't overwhelm them with requests.

I'm not real sure what all parks they have there to be honest, both of mine are in the Ouachita Whitewater Park near the interstate, but I know the guy that does the approvals wants them someplace he can get to without spending a lot of time (he does have a street dept to oversee after all....) so keep the hikes short for now.

The permit is nearly identical to the State Parks permit form, but he isn't bothering to assign them numbers as yet.

AR_kayaker

08-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Both of the Malvern caches are now published.

Are there any other cachers around Malvern that would like the permit form?

I've got it in XLS format (Excell) if someone can post it to the downloads section.

AR_kayaker

Gaddiel
08-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm not positive, but I believe you can add it yourself. Just go the the "Downloads" section and click the "Add Download" link at the top. There is a section for "Forms".

After it has been approved, it will appear in the list.

Wayne

09-05-2006, 03:06 PM
LE added it as a file for me and my thanks to her.

Also just as some FYI that permit only applies to city park property. If the cache just happens to be in the city limits you still only need permission of the property owner. I'm sure most people could have figured that out for themselves, but you never know....

Gaddiel
09-06-2006, 08:18 AM
I added a note to the description of the download, just to eliminate any confusion... Thanks!

Note to those who wish to do this in the future: If you want to add a download to the ArkGeo site, you will need to store the file on your own web space and then link to from here.

The web site software does it this way so that the administrator can have some control over what files are uploaded and referenced. If you don't have web space where you can keep files, I'd be glad to host if for you. Just email the file to me and I'll make it available...

Wayne